Thread: StarAlien70's 3.75" SA Han & Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise

StarAlien70's 3.75" SA Han & Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise

These are a couple of figures I did a while ago and having seen that Hasbro are due to release a new TVC Han Stormtrooper, I thought I would show them now. My reason for doing these was because I find the hip ball-joints frustrating, particularly with Stormtroopers, as you have to twist the thigh 90 degrees to sit the figures. So to remedy this, I wanted to get the extra thigh articulation that the new SA and TBS 6" figures have (which I don't think the new TVC Han is going to have).

I didn't want to destoy my TLC Han & Luke, so I kitbashed some Stormtroopers. Both use chest section and arms from TAC Stormtrooper. Abdomen section, modified belts and modified legs from TBS Stormtrooper; legs are fitted with hip joints from Tron figures for more articulation at the thigh.

Han: Head from VOTC figure. Belt from TBS Stormtrooper modified to have removable thermal detonator, attaches using small magnets from Star Wars Saga figures.

Luke: Head from TLC Saga Legends Luke X-Wing. Removable belt modified from TBS Stormtrooper fitted with clip for comlink, and mock grappling hook.

Removable belt also fits VOTC Luke figure.

Last edited by StarAlien70; 10-08-2018 at 03:54 PM.
    Hasbro! Please stop doing exclusives - they are killing collecting!
    My Cantina diorama http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1115369/

Here's an update on the Han & Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise.

I wanted to use the Rogue One Single carded Stormtrooper head for these, as it's such a good helmet. I initially wanted to do it as a removable helmet, but it's too small to drill out and fit over a reasonable sized head. So I just drilled it to fit as an alternate head-helmet. As it was going to be a headswap anyway I decided to try different heads and I think the TLC Han Death Star and TBS Luke Yavin work well, both fit well without modifying too.
    I wanted Luke to be 'a little short…', so I hollowed out the recess in the upper torso a bit more to make it fit lower. It's not much but I think it improves the Luke Stormtrooper look, especially with the helmet head on, which I also drilled a little deeper than the one for Han.

Trash Compactor Luke with alternate 'wet look' head modified from a TAC Concept Luke.

Terrific! And those helmets sure are gorgeous sculpts compared to any previous ones.
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Quote Originally Posted by StarAlien70 View Post
    Here's an update on the Han & Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise.

I wanted to use the Rogue One Single carded Stormtrooper head for these, as it's such a good helmet. I initially wanted to do it as a removable helmet, but it's too small to drill out and fit over a reasonable sized head. So I just drilled it to fit as an alternate head-helmet. As it was going to be a headswap anyway I decided to try different heads and I think the TLC Han Death Star and TBS Luke Yavin work well, both fit well without modifying too.
    I wanted Luke to be 'a little short…', so I hollowed out the recess in the upper torso a bit more to make it fit lower. It's not much but I think it improves the Luke Stormtrooper look, especially with the helmet head on, which I also drilled a little deeper than the one for Han.

Trash Compactor Luke with alternate 'wet look' head modified from a TAC Concept Luke.

These updated figures look awesome. Those helmets do look fantastic and I like the new head swaps.
    "Ya koon tacha poonoo nee sah, gee." [Your mind powers will not work on me, boy] - Jabba the Hutt

Those look great. Nice work!!!!
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

That is some really nice work. Great execution.
    I'm immune to the light!

Thanks for your comments. Glad you like them! ��