Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Han Solo - Stormtrooper Disguise (Target)

I thought they said on the SyFy.com streamed panel that everything from the Torso up is all new.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by LordEdzo View Post
    I was (and still am) hoping Hasbro would fix VC42 Han (Yavin Ceremony). I never bought that one because it was screen-inaccurate (unbuttoned collar and rolled-up sleeves). I would have preferred that fix/reissue to the stormtrooper outfit, but ... this is what we have.
    ANH Han needs a brand new mould at this point. As great as the sculpt was/is, it's showing its age a bit now, especially with the new torso and leg articulation and separate jacket pieces.

God, I hope we get the wet-head Luke in scale with this at some point soon as well.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

At $15 & $20 each, for TVC and TBS respectively. Stuff like that should just be a simple "extra accessory" piece included! Not having to pay for a whole nother figure for the different look.

Quote Originally Posted by Internets View Post
    ANH Han needs a brand new mould at this point. As great as the sculpt was/is, it's showing its age a bit now, especially with the new torso and leg articulation and separate jacket pieces.
    TBH, if they're going to keep utilizing those weird looking hips and mid torso joint. I'll keep my old ANH Han!
    But thanks anyways...
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I and everyone else we still have the Legacy Collection Han stormtrooper disguise figure which is still a pretty good figure

I never got the Legacy Collection Stormtrooper disguise Han as I wasn't collecting back then so I'm looking forward to this figure. I think the photo real face looks fantastic on this figure as does the new helmet.

That being said, I definitely concur with others here that this should have waited until after the new Stormtrooper sculpt could be used for this figure. Yes, the RO Stormtrooper has a small difference from the OT troopers but that would've been easy for them to remove from a Stormtrooper Han. It probably would've been cheaper than giving the Legacy version a new upper torso too. I think they should've done a different figure at a similar cost to this one and waited to do a new Stormtrooper Han.

I also agree with others in the thread that a new Stormtrooper Luke is probably coming soon. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the eight TBA slots from the NYCC chart is for him.

Looking forward to seeing this Han's TVC cardback.

Well I already have the Legacy Collection Han and Luke stormtrooper disguise figures so ill be skipping on the newer upcoming versions

Quote Originally Posted by Internets View Post
    Nah, the older articulation style from the VOTC days is better.

I vastly prefer the older articulation without the split torso. Waist articulation is much better and I don't really care for the "diaper" look that results from the modern leg sculpting.

That said, the old VOTC Han desperately needs a new head. So far, Hasbro has NEVER given us a decent Han head....

Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I can't admit to on a first date.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue82 View Post
    I thought they said on the SyFy.com streamed panel that everything from the Torso up is all new.

Chris
    I saw that to.. about his Torso and up being all new from the sculpt but ... that begs the question when did a stormtrooper Han in the Legacy collection ever have ball jointed hips? My legacy Han in Stormy gear is the swivel thigh version. Was there ever a previous ball jointed version I skipped over? Or are they just saying that from the waist lower is the wide-stanced 3.75 black series stormtrooper legs from a few years ago?
    Co-host of 3 guys talking Star Wars toys at Kesel Run Collecting

always buying SA imp army builders, even beaters for a decent price.

Looking forward to seeing what cardback and flim shot they use

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast