Thread: Kenner Patches

Kenner Patches

Out of curiosity what is up with the Kenner ESB And ROTJ that are listed on eBay? Are they legit or repros? I only ask because, one the price seems really low. And two, I thought Kenner only produced two different patches and there are several kinds listed under a “Kenner Star Wars patch”. Anyone know of the legitimacy of these patches? Always thought it would be cool to have but I would want to know more about them.
    -Wampa

Dug up this old thread from 2004 with some good info on identifying real vs repro patches.

https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=881583

However, it is 14 years old so some of the repros could have gotten better. Anyone with any insight?

I have never even heard of these patches before. Are there really only two? Totally did not know this was a thing; but they do look cool!

I think for the classic line they only released two, but I could be wrong about that. Looking at some of the reals vs fakes it seems pretty easy to tell them apart, but a lot could have changed in the last 14 years since that last thread was discussed on the matter. That being said, after doing an eBay search, I could not find a single authentic patch (either the one with the X-wing or the ESB one) listed for sale, even though some of them say "original" and "unreleased". I think the authentic patches are pretty rare since they were only internally released within Kenner so a real one would fetch some big money. But for the completist collector, it's still a piece offered and produced by kenner so I'm adding them to the long list of things to keep my eyes open for.