Thread: Valuation

Valuation

Hi all,

Long time lurker, only made my account today.

Used to collect these vintage figures years ago, picked them up from local ebay/gumtree sales and garage sales.

Have stopped collecting in recent years and thought I might sell them on the buy/sell forum here.

Have no idea on how to value them, or if they're worth anything at all. Was wondering if anyone here could give me some help?

Thanks in advance! List and photo below.

Bossk
    C3PO
    FX-7 Medical Droid
    Hoth Han Solo
    AT-AT Driver Storm Trooper (no gun)
    Leia (no gun)
    Luke Blonde (no gun)
    4-Lom / Zuckuss
    Snowtrooper (no gun or cloak)
    Red Guard
    IG-88 Bounty Hunter (missing 1 gun)
    Admiral Akbar (no weapon)
    Lando
    Klaatu (no weapon or cloth)
    Han Solo Trenchcoat (no gun)
    Nien Nunb (no gun)
    Leia Boushh
    Squid Head (no gun or cloth)
    Chewy
    Leia Poncho (no gun)
    Boba Fett
    Han Solo Bespin (no gun)
    Obi Wan (wrong colour lightsabre)
    Obi Wan (no cloak or lightsabre)
    Darth Vader (no cloak)
    Stormtrooper (no gun)
    Stormtrooper (no gun)
    Luke Caped Black (no lightsabre or gun)
    R2D2
    Yoda (no cape or snake)
    Jawa

If you have an ebay account, check completed / ending listings per figure. That will give you the best current market value. Condition is everything with loose figures ( and if they are complete with original weapons). Or you can get them AFA graded , maybe you'll make more monies that way... probably not, but some people do it
    "It is better to light a small candle then to curse the darkness" ~Confucius
    WTB:any ESB Rebel Soldier Proof card
    Refining my broken English to proper English, *cuz John A. said so

Hey Adam,

Thanks for that. I did have a look through eBay but it was a bit confusing and hard to price given the variety of condition.

I just wanted to really know if there are any there that stand out as worth a bit more than the average figure, and in the end I suppose I'll put them all up for $10 each and be done with it.

Leia Boushh !!! The best ! Yes, even better then Fett. You heard it here, some know... the word is getting out. Fett is played out. Boushh is the sleeper. 2 characters in one ( Leia + a bounty hunter ... who got praise by Fett in ROTJ for at least getting $35k out of Jabba for Chewie). One of the best figure sculpts of the Return line. One of the main hero's of ROTJ !
    Last edited by Adam_L; 10-04-2018 at 02:57 AM.
    "It is better to light a small candle then to curse the darkness" ~Confucius
    WTB:any ESB Rebel Soldier Proof card
    Refining my broken English to proper English, *cuz John A. said so

If you put them on ebay as a lot of figures ( I count 31) I bet they will fetch between $150 and $200 just based on my recent ebay experience. If Darth and Obi Wan's sabers have letters on the hilt that can increase their value; some people collect those particularly. If Luke Jedi's cape is a snap cape, then that would increase his value a bit also. Loose complete figures are about $10 a pop give or take. Boba probably $20ish if he is good shape. On the Han Trench Coat, I don't remember which one is rare, the plain lapels or the camo lapels.

Moving this to the Value Check board.

Mike
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    Looking for SWS.com's Vader's Trap print #14
    Looking for R2 Prototypes MOC's & Cobot too! Also Droids R2 Original Art

Ebay is all over the place , but I would think you can get anywhere from 200 to 300. I have seen and watched smaller lots with less weapons and mostly common figures sell that higher.
    Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Thanks admin, didn't see this section, apologies.

Thanks all that responded. I guess I'll put it up on ebay for $300 with 'best offer' and see how it goes.

Why do that? Just run a 7 day auction start it at $9.99 and you will get exactly what its worth. Not a penny more or less. You put it at $300 w best offer it will be 10x the headache
    just take lots of pics and close ups

Quote Originally Posted by BTD2 View Post
    Why do that? Just run a 7 day auction start it at $9.99 and you will get exactly what its worth. Not a penny more or less. You put it at $300 w best offer it will be 10x the headache
    just take lots of pics and close ups

I agree. You aren't going to get $300 right off the bat. The market will do what the market will do