Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 330

Thread: The Mandalorian - Live Action Star Wars TV series

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by jedisquared View Post
    Could this character be Cobb Vanth?
    I was thinking the same thing. That description sounds exactly like him. My guess is this takes place before his appence in the books

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_with_No_Name View Post

    Yeah problem is 1313 was a mess. It wasnt supposed to be Boba Fett till after the first demo when Lucas said make him Fett. Then it went through 3 more major rewrites before being canceled l.

    It was such a mess that when Disney took over they tried selling it and no studio wanted to finish it. Not even EA wanted to finish the game and release it.

  3. #23
    So my guess is either new character or Cobb Vanth. It does say in the press release that

    "After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order.

    So new warrior after Boba and Jango.

    Highly doubt it's boba. They might have boba make a cameo at some point.

    Maybe he meats an old messed up BH who turns out to be Fett who teaches him some things and ends up my ng in a blaze of glory

  4. #24
    I think the show is going to ultimately live or die on knowledge of Mandalorian culture. I realize a lot of what was written of the Mandalorians is not really canon any more, but it would be crazy to reinvent the wheel when you have so many that really liked what was done in the books.

    Filoni is involved, so I feel like he'll pull in as much Star Wars background as he can. I just hope that we get a Boba and Jango type of character and they don't try to make this a 'heart of gold' sort of character. Mandalorians were warriors not travelling heroes.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007


    http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

  5. #25
    One issue I can see being a problem with the show is that the main character will end up just being Boba Fett lite. And I'm assuming that this show is going to follow the much talked about fan wish of a bounty hunter focused story within the Star Wars universe.

    Many people think Boba and his dad were Mandalorian. But, neither were. They just wore the 'Death Watch' armour, because of the reputation it had.

    Unless, of course, this "Mandalorian" is, in fact, Boba Fett in a different set of armour, after his (ridiculous) escape from "certain" death in the Sarlacc. That will cause a lot of problems in itself though.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Fan View Post
    Yeah problem is 1313 was a mess. It wasnt supposed to be Boba Fett till after the first demo when Lucas said make him Fett. Then it went through 3 more major rewrites before being canceled l.

    It was such a mess that when Disney took over they tried selling it and no studio wanted to finish it. Not even EA wanted to finish the game and release it.
    Just to be clear:
    I didn't mean to suggest the new series would follow/be the 1313 storyline. (I remember reading that that storyline would have taken place between III and IV, anyway)

    I mainly posted the pic, because since the first photo on set was provided, I found the similarity in costume design curious.

    Combined with Scooby's comment of a drawn-out reveal to be Fett, and ...
    Well, make of it what you will.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    One issue I can see being a problem with the show is that the main character will end up just being Boba Fett lite.
    Yes.
    If you're going to have someone wearing Mandalorian armor, ...
    Who's alone, ...
    With a gunfighter motif ...

    Well, it either is Fett, but they aren't saying that yet because the show is set after ROTJ and they want his survival to be a surprise ...

    Or, it kinda comes off like a lazy gimmick to capitalize on Fett ...
    "Well, we want to use Fett, but he's dead, so we'll just make another character like Fett."

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_with_No_Name View Post
    Yes.
    If you're going to have someone wearing Mandalorian armor, ...
    Who's alone, ...
    With a gunfighter motif ...

    Well, it either is Fett, but they aren't saying that yet because the show is set after ROTJ and they want his survival to be a surprise ...

    Or, it kinda comes off like a lazy gimmick to capitalize on Fett ...
    "Well, we want to use Fett, but he's dead, so we'll just make another character like Fett."
    Well, as I just said elsewhere, we'll all know it's Fett when he starts yapping in his Kiwi accent.

    For me, that kind of cheap nonsense just won't work.

  9. #29
    man, it just gets more funny with every announcement of new material, some "fans" (ahem) are never gonna be ****en happy

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by jpolli666 View Post
    man, it just gets more funny with every announcement of new material, some "fans" (ahem) are never gonna be ****en happy
    Nothing to do with "happy". It's just discussion. ya know, on a discussion board.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •