Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: The Mandalorian - Live Action Star Wars TV series

He's probably in the background for 2 seconds. Star Wars behind the scenes pics are always full of blink and you'll miss em characters.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DonWanKihotay View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Broem View Post
    I don't know what people want from this series?
    What do people want?
    If they are about Favreau's age (born 66), first saw Fett abt 14yo in ESB in 1980 (or the SWHS animated segment), grew up watching the things he did, they've been imagining and pretty much playing out this theme scenario since way back then; the perfect amalgam of:

This icon...

plus this film...

plus this film...

Plus this TV show...

and...

= Equals exactly this =

And it's abt frikng time!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I shudder to think what will happen when this doesn't turn out to be exactly like people are expecting. ^ lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    Oh it's going to be popcorn worthy fun watching the frothing at the mouth that's guaranteed to happen.
    Taika Waititi director: "...I felt that it was a bit like “Yojimbo” or ronin, a kind of Western, like lone gunfighters wandering from town to town, like that TV show, “Kung Fu.” https://entertainment.inquirer.net/3...#ixzz5fXPfJLQV

Love how these two above mocked me - like I was totally misreading what they are creating and what I wanted in anticipating what informed the series.

And then the director references all the EXACT same things I wanted.

Yeah tell me again how I'm misreading what they are creating and how I will be "disappointed" in what they are doing?
    Looks like what is informing the series is actually everything I anticipated.

Last edited by DonWanKihotay; 02-15-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    It is the mission of each true Jedi Knight... His duty... nay, his privilege!
    To dream the impossible dream...
    This is my quest, to follow that star. No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/02/15/has...m_content=link

This year, they’re changing that to
    Triple Force Friday, since it will include action figures, clothing, collectibles, and books for three new projects set in the galaxy far, far away.

At 12:01 a.m. on Oct. 4, playthings will be on shelves for:

• The as-yet-untitled Episode IX, J.J. Abrams’ conclusion of the Skywalker saga, due in theaters in December.
    • The live-action Disney+ series, The Mandalorian, starring Pedro Pascal as a masked gunslinger trying to survive the collapse of the Empire after Return of the Jedi.
    • And the EA/Respawn video game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, about a knight who survives the extermination of the rest of the lightsaber-wielding peacekeepers.

Could we see figure reveals for the Mando here?
    It is the mission of each true Jedi Knight... His duty... nay, his privilege!
    To dream the impossible dream...
    This is my quest, to follow that star. No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.

I wasn't mocking anyone, i was simply stating how thing tend not to turn out the way we expect. Personally I would like it to follow what you laid out.
    I just know that that even when we get what we want, it's not exactly what we were after. And aren't too shy to comment about it

And if the show doesn't quite go over well, I'm curious what LFL will do is all.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Toshiro Mifune was apparently offered the role as Obi Wan Kenobi back in the day - don't know if that is true.
    So much of the design and soul of Star Wars takes inspiration from Samurai (Cinema), so it will be nice to see them capture that sense (again).
    Coupled with the Western feel - it could be great!
    "her arc is to actually get bored of being powerful" - MauLer on YT, A Critique of SWTLJ, p.3

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718