Thread: Another Imperial Assault Tank Commander repaint (new pics)

Another Imperial Assault Tank Commander repaint (new pics)

Or, I thought there were many already done...? Maybe not . Here are a few pics; this was just done by hand with a brush (except for the stripe on the left shoulder armor, which was done with a fine tip Sharpie). I also dirtied him up a bit, especially the seams on the chest armor, under the shoulders and upper arm, and especially the face armor seams to match up to the card back photo.

Last edited by Daigo_Bah; 10-04-2018 at 04:41 PM.
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Great work. Not getting tired of these just yet..........
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Thanks! I went back to it and reduced the quantity of dirt just a bit, and I wanted better lighting so that the very dark grey of his Commander markings are more evident (they look black in low lighting).

Still unhappy with the chest stripes, which in this comparison pic shows that they should be a little narrower and taper down, not up. Probably going to re-do that part when I add the red marking on the stomach. I'm satisfied with the weathering though, I think it looks pretty close to the photo.

Last edited by Daigo_Bah; 10-05-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

That looks great!
    I think I need to use your pics to make a custom Officer to go with my custom tank!

The one critique I would have is that it should be whiter. Including the white rank band on the left shoulder. From what I can see of the card I have in hand, it should be almost as white as that background.

Regardless, it's got a great paint app and weathering. Did you say if the sharpie bled at all while you did the black? I might use the sharpie method too.

Also, is there a photo of the tank commander out of the tank? I'm wondering if he's got a kama like the Scarif Trooper figure that came with Moroff. :{J
    Disney? "Canon" you say? You must unlearn what you have learned...

Sharpie has paint markers that don't bleed but be careful they don't blob.

@Untinniii They don't blob? Like the ink doesn't hold together? Have you done this technique on the ATC yet? Do I need anything on hand like thinner or paper towels? :{J

Nice job on this buddy. Great to see you still making awesome customs after all these years... or are we talking decades now for us? Ha ha...

Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron420 View Post
    @Untinniii They don't blob? Like the ink doesn't hold together? Have you done this technique on the ATC yet? Do I need anything on hand like thinner or paper towels? :{J
    usually blot the sharpie on paper first in case they spurt. Then I dip the tip in the blob when I need more paint. They can be messy but if one takes care, they can do some nice work. You don't need paint thinner but having paper towels nearby is always a good thing.
    I

@Untinniii Thanks for the tips. I want to try this on one of mine. I think I'll wait till I get one more so I can have the officer and two plain uniforms. :{J