Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathleen Kennedy's Lucasfilm Deal Extended for Three Years

Quote Originally Posted by Deak_Starkiller View Post

Now my co-workers have 'accused' me at looking at the world through rose-colored glasses and the glass half full, so it's my hope Kennedy spends the next couple of years truly reflecting on the life-lessons learned on her taking the reins in finding new, creative and APPEASING ways to maintain the franchise in an ongoing and forward momentum. But at the same token, going on a conservation/secure route might take a toll on future Star Wars projects losing a bit of grandness and epic-ness in them. She might be a product of old corporate Hollywood, but I think she might to exercise some trepidation if she wants to take the franchise at all in some progressive direction.

Whether she reflects on it or not, that's the direction the franchise is headed anyways. The recent articles and comments all state that they're slowing down and taking a more disciplined approach to new projects. I wonder how many more SW films will even be released by the end of her contract in 2021. Obviously, she'll influence the ones in production during that time period, too, but Iger seems to be very interested in correcting the course for Star Wars, and his contract is currently also secured through 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Fan View Post
    and just like in real life sometimes you hire the wrong person. This happens in movies quite a lot really where an actor or director
    isn't working or they have a different view on what the movie should be. \|

Famously Eric Stotlz was Marty in Back to the Future but it wasn't until several days into filming that they realized he wasn't working.
    The key word in your statement is "sometimes." The BTTF analogy would only be accurate to the mass replacements at Lucasfilm if they recast Marty, Doc, Lorraine, and Biff. It's happening way to frequently at Lucasfilm to be able to write it off as one of those odd things that happens once in a blue moon.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzfan84 View Post
    and taking a more disciplined approach to new projects.

This is the part that I'm most interested in more than time-scale. I just can't say for sure if the time frames allow for wiggle rooms in the event of reshoots and such if they struggle to fix the 'discipline' aspect of it (as in the case for Solo).
    Last edited by Deak_Starkiller; 09-29-2018 at 03:05 PM.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Definitely shouldn't have put out Solo so close to The Last Jedi and stuck it in the middle of the Infinity War hype. Should have put it out this fall or something.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Maybe, but IMO Solo is one SW movie that belongs in May. The others don't matter so much because technically they aren't related to the OT the way this movie is. So I see the reason. It's not Solo's fault that other movies we scheduled in May too. lol
    I mean it's not like it should matter, how many times do people go to the movies time and time again?

Quote Originally Posted by ozzfan84 View Post
    Whether she reflects on it or not, that's the direction the franchise is headed anyways. The recent articles and comments all state that they're slowing down and taking a more disciplined approach to new projects. I wonder how many more SW films will even be released by the end of her contract in 2021. Obviously, she'll influence the ones in production during that time period, too, but Iger seems to be very interested in correcting the course for Star Wars, and his contract is currently also secured through 2021. .
    The sad part is that their ignorance will not allow them to admit it isn't about quantity, but quality of content in the story. If they continue to push the same BS infused movies, only reducing the number of movies per year. Then nothing is really changing, just their "appearance'' of slowing down and trying to get it right.

At the end of the day I just want to watch an enjoyable movie with characters having a fun adventurous ride, untainted by strategically infused PC BS.

If you want to tell a story about people who've had it rough in life, it's called Schindler's List! Those are the types of movies I go see when I'm in the mood for an authentic or a true story based events.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    Definitely shouldn't have put out Solo so close to The Last Jedi and stuck it in the middle of the Infinity War hype. Should have put it out this fall or something.
    Why? Because people are only allowed to see one film a month?

'Solo' was out for AGES. If anyone actually wanted to go, they could have easily gone to see it.

Nobody went, cos nobody was interested.

i will probably watch one more movie. if i dislike it like the prior ones, i wont watch anymore. i dont care who is in charge/who makes it, i just want a good movie. i did not enjoy ep8, and while i watched solo and liked it a little bit, i just dont enjoy them like i used to
    honestly, other than rogue one, i havent really liked most of the new movies
    Last edited by lumat; 09-30-2018 at 06:08 PM.
    My Feedback
    Next character specific movie should be Darth Maul
    Stay on topic...stay on topic
    2+2=5

Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    Why? Because people are only allowed to see one film a month?

'Solo' was out for AGES. If anyone actually wanted to go, they could have easily gone to see it.

Nobody went, cos nobody was interested.
    Not at all but there are a good sized chunk of the movie going audience that only goes a handful of times a year.. If there's a bunch of good stuff out at once, they may only pick one of them.

Ages is a stretch. The poor opening resulted in a much quicker drop in number of screens and the overall run was maybe a month long.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Maybe, but IMO Solo is one SW movie that belongs in May. The others don't matter so much because technically they aren't related to the OT the way this movie is. So I see the reason. It's not Solo's fault that other movies we scheduled in May too. lol
    I mean it's not like it should matter, how many times do people go to the movies time and time again?

I've been over the whole Star Wars in may crap for years. It's just too fan manufactured for my tastes.

There's plenty of people that go multiple times but fact of the matter is that Infinity War got that money. There's also lots of people that rarely go to the movies because it's cheaper to buy the movies and watch it in the comfort of their own home on a killer TV.

There wasn't any one thing that killed Solo in the theaters, it was just a bunch of things all combined together. Just for starters....

- competing against Avengers
    - not wanting to see anyone but Ford play Solo
    - some just didn't want a Han movie to begin with
    - filming issues essentially being a red flag
    - too close to The Last Jedi
    - and sometimes good movies just do bad at the box office

I will be pretty curious about what the blu ray and digital sales are.

I'm going to pick up Solo on DVD (as I don't have a blu ray player) and am looking extremely forward to it again!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    Not at all but there are a good sized chunk of the movie going audience that only goes a handful of times a year...
    Even at that. If they REALLY want to go, they'll go.

It's no excuse for Solo's terrible BO returns.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast