Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark PhoeniX

Dark PhoeniX

Who’s seen the trailer? Thoughts?

Guessing after 50 views and no relies, no one.
    For me, I've already seen it on screen twice. Once in Animated form and then in the Last Stand. So I'm in no hurry to see it unfold again, only slightly different.
    To me the trailer just looks like more typical Fox fanfare. Another Movie about Raven, Magneto, and Charles under a different name.

What would have made this one a little more interesting, is if the Shiar actually interceded. But it seems they've went a different direction.

The trailer looks okay for what it is, and I will watch it to see how this whole thing comes together or a close.
    It's definitely not on my must see list though.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I only enjoy the X-Men films and I did enjoy the trailer, my only complaint is them jumping 10years after the last movie, the constant jump every movie isn't needed. The actors aren't ageing each film that drastically.

I'm looking forward to the eventual cross over with Marvel Universe but it'll be interesting to see if they reboot or carry over the current actors.

Honestly I think there is 0% chance of continuing the actors if X men go to the MCU. It is just much easier to make a new & not figure out what is or isn't cannon.

The trailer looked OK, but I was never a huge X man fan anyways.
    This post was written is the sarcasm font. It looks like a regular font but contains sarcasm.
    Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

I liked the trailer even though its very evocative of The Last Stand. Its just the release date is so far away I can't get psyched for it right now.

I was underwhelmed, although that's a better reaction than I've had to most of the X-Men movies since the third one came out.

It's been delayed again.

June 2019.

When I saw this trailer hit, I was in shock. I wasn't even sure it was coming out anymore!

I am a diehard Chris Claremont X-Men run fan. It's honestly some of the best stuff in not just Marvel history, but comic book history. Plus it's one HECK of a LONG run. I can't remember, but it might be the longest run on one book for any writer at Marvel. Maybe even over Stan on Amazing Spider-Man. So naturally I am very familiar with the Phoenix Saga and the Dark Phoenix Saga.

So with that said, what concerns me about the trailer is...well way back when The Last Stand came out, it was heavily criticized for not being particular true to either story. What I saw with this wasn't an "apology" for The Last Stand, it looks almost EXACTLY like The Last Stand. Did they just re-make it with a FEW tweaks. "Well...if we add a bit on space, maybe they won't notice!" Now I know some of that stuff from the Phoenix Saga would never work on film, but come on...this is just The Last Stand 2.0.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

I also have to say that I have enjoyed the X-men films, but most of them just seem to come out lacking. They've given us some truly great moments like Nightcrawler in the White House, but then slaughter some characters like Storm or Phoenix.

This trailer was 2 minutes of talking and showing us all the same characters we've seen. There's the mansion, there's cerebro, there's angsty Magneto, there's bald Xavier...

I would give a ZERO percent chance of any of this making it to the MCU as well. I'm currently hoping New Mutants is good and that Venom is good and that perhaps those might stand a chance of being MCU tie ins. (but highly doubt those as well... Sony appears interested in making random offshoot movies)
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    I also have to say that I have enjoyed the X-men films, but most of them just seem to come out lacking. They've given us some truly great moments like Nightcrawler in the White House, but then slaughter some characters like Storm or Phoenix.

This trailer was 2 minutes of talking and showing us all the same characters we've seen. There's the mansion, there's cerebro, there's angsty Magneto, there's bald Xavier...

I would give a ZERO percent chance of any of this making it to the MCU as well. I'm currently hoping New Mutants is good and that Venom is good and that perhaps those might stand a chance of being MCU tie ins. (but highly doubt those as well... Sony appears interested in making random offshoot movies)
    I agree. I've generally enjoyed the X-Men movies for the most part but if you look at the franchise as a whole, it's VERY repetitive. And it's only ever really been concerned with Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, and once Jennifer Lawrence started playing her, Mystique. Most of the other characters have been treated pretty poorly.

And yeah, there is NO way the MCU has spent a decade building a complex but coherent shared universe just to bog it down with the messy Fox X-Men continuity.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast