Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Cost Of Hasbro’s Star Wars License

At least the PT had a lot of fun new alien designs mixed in with the classics...
    Fund my Jabba's Sail Barge purchase!
    https://www.gofundme.com/star-wars-jabbas-sail-barge
    40% funded! Thanks donors, I raised an additional 40% through sales. Close enough to get me over the hump.

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyShot View Post
    I couldn't find it, so I sent one of the site admins an email asking for it. And my recollection was off. It was a large discussion going on where one of the site admins brought up a list of statistics on a different post. Don't remember which one it was. BUT after bringing it up to him, he decided to write an article on it. He just posted it. Its a REALLY good read. I suggest everyone take a look.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/20...-wars-license/
    Interesting article.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareth View Post
    I think there are a few items:
    Fragmentation of customer base
    Kids moving to electronics
    Hasbro not adjusting to speed of release
    Hasbro not adjusting to new paradigm

I think the last is the most interesting. By new paradigm I mean new ways of consumption and proliferation of brands and format. No surprise but both of these are brought on by technology. Today I can get hot toys, side show, LEGO, funko, Bandai, FFG, figuearts. Even 5 years ago some of those were much harder to get or didnít exist.

I think Hasbro should do what LEGO has done and go direct to consumer. They need to make HtS a real thing and use Haslab much more aggressively. Many companies that have relied on retail donít have a very good understanding of their end customer buying habits or wants. They get a view of this from blogs, forums and social media but data in the form of direct to consumer sales numbers and haslab campaigns will allow them to make better decisions. Condition of dtc has been an issue for consumer but can be solved easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good post.

I think the fast rate at which the movies are being released is a problem. Each line has such a limited shelf life before Hasbro needs to move their focus to the product for the next movie. This didn't seem to be a problem during the PT era when the movie releases were less frequent and it allowed for both PT and OT merch to be produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareth View Post
    I think there are a few items:
    Fragmentation of customer base
    Kids moving to electronics
    Hasbro not adjusting to speed of release
    Hasbro not adjusting to new paradigm

Quote Originally Posted by xfamousnicknaro View Post
    I donít think itís too many films. Toy lines based on ongoing cartoons, like TMNT, do really well. It probably has more to do with the storytelling in the new films. Overall, I enjoy the new films, and I like the designs, but one of the big differences is that they donít allow for kids to imagine adventures between the films. TFA and TLJ are the first two films that happen back to back. Rouge One pretty much tells a complete story and then all the characters die. What do you do with that as far as play? Same thing with many of the characters in Solo, and on top of that, many of the characters arenít available yet. And the regular Solo was a pack in in a $30 set.

Youíve got all the time in between RoTJ and TFA, but what do you do? There arenít any figures to go in that timespan. You could maybe imagine Poe on some adventures. Han and Chewie smuggling, sure. But without playsets and vehicles? Meh. Itís all kind of a mess.

Thanks for your responses. Well said and I agree with you guys.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234