Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: The Cost Of Hasbro’s Star Wars License

Originally Posted by Utinniii
    Bun Leia has been released at least twice in the last few years although not in forms most of us would care about. There was a cheap 2 pack and the Titanium series.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    Not in the SA line she hasn't and that's where the problem lies. I don't want a 5 POA Leia, I have the original Kenner version.

Hasbro should have made TVC wave 1 a Solo film wave. We should have gotten Han, Enfys, and the Range Trooper right off the bat (not to mention at least 1 or 2 other characters from the film).
    Yeah, that's why I mentioned Non-5POA (or less... the less being the titanium 0POA figures that seemed like a backhanded slap to all those that were begging for articulation)

Leia is just one example. I don't necessarily want Hasbro to go back and do ANY of the main characters again unless they upgrade to something that is better. 5POA does not qualify.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    There certainly is a big gap from waiting for Hasbro to make a $15 TVC figure to spending $80-100 having a figure custom built. (Not all of us have the time or ability to do it).

If figures were to stop coming out in 3 3/4" scale I would likely throw whatever remaining interest I had into getting those few key figures that I want done and be done. My list is smaller than most, but I spent hundreds of dollars prior to 2013ish per year, so getting 3-5 customs done per year I could see. I imagine at that rate I'd have my collection complete in 3-4 years.
    I've avoided customs so far but I'm now thinking that's probably the only way I will end up with all the characters and environments I still want. Who would you say makes the best custom figs?

Leia is just one example. I don't necessarily want Hasbro to go back and do ANY of the main characters again unless they upgrade to something that is better. 5POA does not qualify.
    Agreed. If they're just going to repack something and not upgrade it, I'd rather not see them go that route.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by eightball View Post
    I've avoided customs so far but I'm now thinking that's probably the only way I will end up with all the characters and environments I still want. Who would you say makes the best custom figs?
    You'd have to go to the customizing forums to find someone to do stuff for you, but there are some incredibly talented customizers.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

There certainly is a big gap from waiting for Hasbro to make a $15 TVC figure to spending $80-100 having a figure custom built. (Not all of us have the time or ability to do it).

If figures were to stop coming out in 3 3/4" scale I would likely throw whatever remaining interest I had into getting those few key figures that I want done and be done. My list is smaller than most, but I spent hundreds of dollars prior to 2013ish per year, so getting 3-5 customs done per year I could see. I imagine at that rate I'd have my collection complete in 3-4 years.

What I don't see is why we can't get the figures we all really want done by a company that HAS TO KNOW what is wanted. Luke and Leia aren't really definitive from ANH yet, but we are here talking about Sim Aloo because he's not been done since the 80's.

Do you all realize that the last non-5POA(or less) ANH Leia in classic white with buns was done in 2004? That means (adjusting for the ages 4 and up warning) that a 19 year old would never have had the chance to buy an ANH Leia on the pegs.
    I wasn't actually suggesting paying someone $80-100 for commissioned customs - I was suggesting that customizing as a hobby could be a useful way of filling the inevitable gaps. I've done it for years, and I'm not a professional artist or anything, its certainly a fun and fulfilling hobby to create characters that would otherwise never be produced by Hasbro. I suggest those that are interested should browse the Yakface website, its the hub for customizing. As for the life of the 3.75 scale, it has me a bit worried - there appears to be no plans for a basic 3.75 line (with movie characters) until the Episode IX product launch in October, so many collectors hopes of a "catch up" year have been dashed. Likewise, with TVC being mostly repacks, repaints, retools, and rehashed characters, I think we should all be concerned about seeing obscure and secondary characters going forward...

Yes, lots of us have done it for years. Unfortunately Hasbro has made customizing as difficult as they did for G.I. Joe just before its end!

Today's figures are just too much of a PITA to part out anymore, that damn torso! And to a lesser extent, the hips..
    It's almost as if they went out of their way to make it difficult on purpose. I's taken the joy out of customizing that I used to have.
    Not to mention 5POA, there's no meetmehalfway as both lines have an certain incompatibility to them.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Yes, lots of us have done it for years. Unfortunately Hasbro has made customizing as difficult as they did for G.I. Joe just before its end!

Today's figures are just too much of a PITA to part out anymore, that damn torso! And to a lesser extent, the hips..
    It's almost as if they went out of their way to make it difficult on purpose. I's taken the joy out of customizing that I used to have.
    Not to mention 5POA, there's no meetmehalfway as both lines have an certain incompatibility to them.
    Hasbro would have done them self some good to make the basic and vintage lines more compatible, like mattel has with wwe.

That way a kid could buy basic figs with allowance money and get deluxe figures for birthdays/ christmas.

Of course it doesnt help that the 6 inch line is now considered the deluxe offering and our vintage collection is lost in collector limbo.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526