Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off The Radar Collecting

Speaking of erasers, I really liked the vintage eraser figures. They made Vader, R2, Max Rebo, Bib Fortuna, Ackbar, ERG, Gam Guard, Yoda, Ewok and Ewok babies, and I think Jabba. They can be found for a good deal loose or on card. I also enjoyed finding the Topps candy heads, but I just checked ebay and they seem to be rare and expensive now. The vintage pencil sharpeners were also nice (Yoda, R2, and Vader).

I really like the Presto Magix (transfers/Letraset to the Europeans). A lot of fun was had with those! Seem kind of silly by today's standards, however (a lot of imagination was used with those!). I enjoy collecting them for the nostalgia factor. Similar, and quite affordable, are the myriad of stickers that have been produced for the OT. Patches could be fun, both retail and fan club. Although, some of the fan club patches can be pricey. Buttons could be fun to collect, both enamel and your standard round. Even if you are not into puzzles themselves, the box art for them can be amazing and are easy to display.
    Last edited by comicalUser; 09-17-2018 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comicalUser View Post
    I really like the Presto Magix (transfers/Letraset to the Europeans). A lot of fun was had with those! Seem kind of silly by today's standards, however (a lot of imagination was used with those!). I enjoy collecting them for the nostalgia factor. Similar, and quite affordable, are the myriad of stickers that have been produced for the OT. Patches could be fun, both retail and fan club. Although, some of the fan club patches can be pricey. Buttons could be fun to collect, both enamel and your standard round. Even if you are not into puzzles themselves, the box art for them can be amazing and are easy to display.
    Love the Presto Magix too. I've been picking many of these up all this year!

Also started collecting Micronauts (I know, non SW) too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_2Pack View Post
    Love the Presto Magix too. I've been picking many of these up all this year!.
    Nice to see some love for the Presto Magix. The Empire Strikes Back are becoming increasingly difficult to find, all that turns up lately on eBay is mostly RotJ. I am glad I bought them when I did! However, when I was looking through them recently, I realized my Ice Planet Hoth is actually open when it was sold to me as sealed/new; made me a wee bit sad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12