Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Solo deleted scene Imperial Trial

Solo deleted scene Imperial Trial

https://ew.com/movies/2018/09/12/sol...g-tie-fighter/

Neat little scene really wish they had shown more of his time in the Empire. Showing the inner workings of the Empire was probably the most interesting thing in that movie.

Very cool. I cant watch it now cuz im at work, but i will later.

I also really liked the whole kessel run scene... and danny glover as lando... also thought it was neat that the falcons computer is so sketchy bcs its a weird hodgepodge of starship software and downloaded droid personality.

I know im in a minority, but i really enjoyed solo.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Twilly View Post

I also really liked the whole kessel run scene... and danny glover as lando... also thought it was neat that the falcons computer is so sketchy bcs its a weird hodgepodge of starship software and downloaded droid personality.

I don't think you are in the minority I mean almost everyone who did see Solo seemed to enjoy it the only problem is people didn't go to see it

I don't think you're in the minority. It seems as if most people left the theater pretty happy after seeing Solo. I did.

Problem is that this ****** movie called The Last Jedi came out a few months before Solo and messed everything up and no one went to see Solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilly View Post

Last edited by HothHan; 09-13-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Personally, I would have preferred if Solo actually centered around "Han Solo" a bit more. But they were too preoccupied with creating an oceans 11 type movie or something. It should have been a personal story/journey about him saving someone who later becomes a friend/companion. And how he got there etc. I expected some time jumps due to the limited time in a movie, but it just flew by too fast for such an Iconic/Important character. And thus not truly creating any time to connect to anyone, or care about them in any way. The only reason we/I cared about what happens to Chewie, is because of the OT. So that relationship is already built in.

The heist aspect does have a place and should have happened later on IMO, as it felt thrown together and rushed. Because at the end you're left wanting more, but now it's not going to happen. While I was never fully on board for this, they were going to do it regardless. So I felt it deserved better, and should likely have been a trilogy on its own. And could have been if done right.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I saw Solo on week#1 but it didn't leave much of an impression.

I will watch (and re-watch) it on blu-ray when it comes out...

...but then again, I said the same of Last Jedi. (it hasn't happened yet).
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    I don't think you're in the minority. It seems as if most people left the theater pretty happy after seeing Solo. I did.

Problem is that this ****** movie called The Last Jedi came out a few months before Solo and messed everything up and no one went to see Solo.

Well, that, and a really awesome movie called "Avengers: Infinity War" came out just a few weeks earlier, and people were busy flocking to see that more than once rather than see Solo as well.

Solo had weak marketing, a bad release date, and tepid reviews. Plus I don't think very many people were jazzed about seeing a movie about a young Han Solo without Harrison Ford, or a Star Wars movie that didn't continue the stories of Rey, Finn, and Poe.

All that probably contributed more to the Box Office performance of Solo, than the loud minority of angry fanboys that hated The Last Jedi.

Commodore, huh? Now we've got a possible defunct rank just like in the Star Trek universe. Interesting reference on (Z-95) Headhunters, something I've read way back in the 70's. And a bit too bad he didn't suffer a chin injury instead of an eye, that would have been keen....although there's a certain globetrotting archeologist who suffered a rather permanent eye injury later in his life.
    Last edited by Deak_Starkiller; 09-13-2018 at 08:35 PM.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Han Solo move was a decent entry into the SW franchise IMO, there's nothing I really hate about it. Maybe they should've just gone for a more interesting movie title like "Star Wars ...." intsead of "Han Solo".

I look forward to seeing all the deleted scenes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast