Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Solo deleted scene Imperial Trial

The whole "loud minority of angry fanboys" thing is as tired and annoying as the people complaining about TLJ...we are all fanboys and it's not a minority. A large portion of the fanbase didn't care for the movie. The people that loved TLJ are as vocal as the complainers. Everyone needs to get over it.

Just for clarity I was partly joking about TLJ being the reason Solo bombed. Solo had a lot going against it, and while the lingering TLJ discontent didn't help, it certainly was not THE reason. Not by a longshot.

Personally I loved Solo and cannot wait for the Blu-Ray release. I'm usually not all that interested in non-canon half finished deleted scenes though. If it was that important it would have been in the actual movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mildoo View Post
    Solo had weak marketing, a bad release date, and tepid reviews. Plus I don't think very many people were jazzed about seeing a movie about a young Han Solo without Harrison Ford, or a Star Wars movie that didn't continue the stories of Rey, Finn, and Poe.

All that probably contributed more to the Box Office performance of Solo, than the loud minority of angry fanboys that hated The Last Jedi.

Where is everyone looking at for the best extra bonus features Blue Ray? Amazon, Target, Walmart Best Buy etc?
    Would love to get my hands on a Hotwheels 2015 Celebration exclusive R2-KT
    Looking for new 2019 Hot Wheels Character cars; Wampa, Porg, Chewy with Porg, Chirrut Imwe, Jar Jar, R2-Q5, R5-D4, Tie Fighter Pilot & Obi Wan on a single card
    .MY FEEDBACK

Solo had weak marketing, a bad release date, and tepid reviews. Plus I don't think very many people were jazzed about seeing a movie about a young Han Solo without Harrison Ford, or a Star Wars movie that didn't continue the stories of Rey, Finn, and Poe.

All that probably contributed more to the Box Office performance of Solo, than the loud minority of angry fanboys that hated The Last Jedi.

I love this scene for all the reasons listed in this thread - and also because we get to see a little more of the TIE-Brute / Heavy variant - plus Han wearing either:

- an Imperial cadet training flight suit
    - a pre-ANH, earlier Empire TIE-Pilot outfit
    - a dedicated TIE-Heavy pilot flight suit

Last edited by saddestmoon; 09-14-2018 at 01:30 AM.

LOL haaaa that release date is historically SW gold, it's the TLJ butthurts that caused it, cuz, we'll show them!! LOL too funny
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneFett View Post

Last edited by jpolli666; 09-14-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Personally, I would have preferred if Solo actually centered around "Han Solo" a bit more.
    Before Solo, I typically envisioned a Solo origins story as a 'coming of age' anti-hero story loosely based on the 19th seafaring novels, though admittedly I can't say if Treasure Island for example is a good but loose example. The popularity of those novels were either the 'naval officer off to the sea' or 'the search for buried treasure' scenarios. Anyway, I felt going that direction would be regarded as a sort of pastiche to the myth and legend approach Lucas for his trilogy.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

I'm glad that scene was cut.

The senior Imperials just put up with Han's attitude to them in a military disciplinary hearing? Makes them look like a joke instead of a power to be reckoned with.

I suspect that this kind of thing came from the original director team, and if so then getting rid of them was a good call.
    May you live in interesting times.

Solo had weak marketing,
    Don't buy this for a second and it's a rather weak excuse. Every Star Wars fan would have been aware of it and anyone with an interest in cinema would have known too. People just weren't that pushed to go and see it and it was out for months. There was plenty of time to see this film in the cinema if anyone was so inclined.

a bad release date,
    Every Star Wars film, except for Dizwars, has been released in May. Solo's failure had nothing to do with its release date.

and tepid reviews.
    It got tepid reviews because it's a tepid film. It's bland, kind of boring and overwhelmingly meh, with a fake Han Solo.

Plus I don't think very many people were jazzed about seeing a movie about a young Han Solo without Harrison Ford,
    This is the sole reason why 'Solo' failed. Nobody cared for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    Han Solo move was a decent entry into the SW franchise IMO, there's nothing I really hate about it. Maybe they should've just gone for a more interesting movie title like "Star Wars ...." intsead of "Han Solo".
    The whole film should have been about somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    Don't buy this for a second and it's a rather weak excuse. Every Star Wars fan would have been aware of it and anyone with an interest in cinema would have known too. People just weren't that pushed to go and see it and it was out for months. There was plenty of time to see this film in the cinema if anyone was so inclined.

Every Star Wars film, except for Dizwars, has been released in May. Solo's failure had nothing to do with its release date.

It got tepid reviews because it's a tepid film. It's bland, kind of boring and overwhelmingly meh, with a fake Han Solo.

This is the sole reason why 'Solo' failed. Nobody cared for it.
    I'm pretty sure we had tons of people on this very forum complaining about how there wasn't a trailer for this movie until 3 months before it came out, plus the TV spots weren't particularly engaging. Past Star Wars films from this decade have had a much longer, stronger marketing push.

This film did have a bad release date. Every other film released in May didn't have to compete with a massive franchise sequel coming out every other week.

While I liked Solo, I've gotta agree that it is a pretty bland movie, and deserved the reviews it got.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast