Thread: The Imperial Commissary Collectors Convention (September 15, 2018)

The Imperial Commissary Collectors Convention (September 15, 2018)

Hey Scummers,

Nashville is having its first collectors con, termed the Imperial Commissary Collectors Convention. It will be held on Saturday, September 15, 2018 at the Williamson County AG Expo Park. The ICCC is intended to be a convention for those across all fandoms with a specific focus on collectors and collecting (“by collectors, for collectors”).

Star Wars guests:

Gerald Home
    Corey Dee Williams
    Stephen Costantino
    Julius LeFlore
    Chris Bunn
    Bern Collaço
    David Stone

Other guests:

William Shatner
    Rene Auberjonois
    Marina Sirtis
    John de Lancie
    Cas Anvar
    Sam Jones
    Nick Palma
    Don Teems
    David Emery Taylor

Detailed celebrity guest profiles can be found here. Well-known names within the Star Wars collecting community, such as Steve Sansweet (Rancho Obi-Wan) and Kim Simmons (The Man Who Shot Skywalker) will also be amongst the guests present; check out a full list here. The Music City 501st (a division of the Mid-South Garrison) will be in attendance, alongside some fun movie props, like the Ecto-1a and InGen Jeep 12. For all other information, check out the ICCC’s main site. The app for Android is already available from Google Play, while the Apple one is coming soon.

General admission (adult) tickets are $50, which includes free parking. VIP tickets are $250 and offer such benefits as a meet and greet with William Shatner, access to vendors and celebrity guests one day early (i.e. the 14th), a VIP room with snacks and a catered lunch on the 15th, five line skips for autographs, ICCC branded merchandise, free parking, and various other additional benefits.

This convention was conceived and is put on by Mike Havens, creator of the Imperial Commissary. He’s a vintage Star Wars collector, runs 18 Facebooks groups to do with Star Wars and collecting, and has his own podcast. Follow the ICCC on Facebook or on Twitter (#ICCC2018), and if you can, join us in making this a real hit for Nashville!

Rebelscum user xphillips is offering help out with autographs; see his post entitled "ICCC convention: Willing to mule an autograph for you!" I too am willing to assist with anything from signings to recommendations on dining and/or shopping locally (I'm a native Nashvillian). PM or email me with any requests.
    "I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal." -Jane Austen

WTB: SSC PF Asajj Ventress (EE) & Asajj vs. Anakin Diorama (EE)

Had a lot of fun at the con! It was nice to meet you, Lady_Macbeth...
    Trade Feedback
    WANTED: 2013 Big G Cereal Pens: Darth Vader and Anakin

I had an awesome time!!!! What an AWESOME SHOW!! This is what a collector show should be about! I did love the R2 builders club, it's amazing what they can make their droids do. I spent way to much, so much for budgets!!

Prices very good versus EBay, and I saw lots of cool pieces, unfortunately out of my price range.

At the CIB booth they had a full set of Lord of the Rings vintage figures in a 80 graded condition.

Tons of carded figures and lots of loose in all types of condition.

I will go back again and take the nice 8 hour ride any time!

Thanks to the Host Mike and the ICCC group that made me feel right at home!

Quote Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
    Had a lot of fun at the con! It was nice to meet you, Lady_Macbeth...
    Fantastic meeting you too! I just texted wgenich a picture of the pin Tweekem gave me from your table. He was surprised!
    "I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal." -Jane Austen

Midshipman

•    
    Thank you so much for the extremely kind words folks! I hope to see you all again this year!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialComisry View Post
    Thank you so much for the extremely kind words folks! I hope to see you all again this year!
    Looking forward to it! I can't wait to see the guest list this year. The antici...pation!

I had a fabulous time last year, and even on my very small budget, I picked up some great stuff. It was really lovely to see Gerald Home again (he is absolutely the nicest man); I got my Audrey II Funko Pop! signed by him in this brilliant yellow paint pen, and it is beautiful. I met some Scummers in person, which was fantastic, and talked to a whole bunch of super cool vendors.

Maybe I'll have to try to get there to see this year. Barring work schedule.

Midshipman

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Macbeth View Post
    Looking forward to it! I can't wait to see the guest list this year. The antici...pation!

I had a fabulous time last year, and even on my very small budget, I picked up some great stuff. It was really lovely to see Gerald Home again (he is absolutely the nicest man); I got my Audrey II Funko Pop! signed by him in this brilliant yellow paint pen, and it is beautiful. I met some Scummers in person, which was fantastic, and talked to a whole bunch of super cool vendors.
    The guest list is up!

ICCC is a week and a half away! Who's going?