Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathleen Kendy to receive new lifetime achievement award from the Acadamy

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    they "spin" it by pretending that while males don't exist. good game, spinster. now you're "special".

[/URL]
    Want to try again?

Well, that clears it up. **crumples speech** Well, I'm sure George will get a thank in there somewhere in any event. Anyway, interesting "Congo" is mentioned in the same breath as the rest, but whatever.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Yeah well, I haven't put much stock in Awards the past 20 years anyways. It does often seem more of a "club", than what it probably should be.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    I object to all the talk of "special snowflakes".

this thread was created in a 'mean spirit", in a failed attempt to upset people:

it is intended to divide the board into separate camps of "Us" and "Them". this is despicable.

but it goes one step further, and claims this as some sort of Feminist Victory.. how?

by ignoring the contribution of 1/2 of the producing partnership who is winning this award -- the WHITE MALE half. this is bigoted.

and ironic.

--> this thread is divisive and bigoted and was only created for the purpose of dividing the board into fighting teams of "Us" vs "Them".

it is, by definition, a Troll Thread. it has no place among us.

begone! foul thread!
    LOL?

Hope you're not taking them seriously. It’s like the nerd-version of mean girls. Sadder still is that it’s a bunch of adult men behaving this way— taunting members with “nobody came to your defence” and “no one even tried to back you up” OMFG… straightup tween mean girls playground-mentality LOOOL

You do realize the whole “empowered female”, “female gaze”, “women on top” trend that’s completely saturated the creative industries is at its imperial phase right now, don’t you? It’s what sells. And it’s what the sheep are buying. Women colleagues of mine will roll their eyes and smirk whenever a clientele demands the “empowered women” concept. We all just roll with it.

Come Academy Season, I’m sure the theme will be “Women & Film”, “...And Women Created Film”, “It’s A Women’s World” etc etc. Just roll your eyes and smirk...

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Yeah well, I haven't put much stock in Awards the past 20 years anyways. It does often seem more of a "club", than what it probably should be.
    loathe me some awards shows with the exception of MTV. If you want an Oscar, make some victorian period piece about an english mute in a meadow. You want a Grammy? Make the most bubble gum song possible.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    LOL?
    yeah. I can't do deadpan humor anymore you guys just see straight through it. it was more fun when nobody knew if I was being serious or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Fan View Post
    Want to try again?
    nah.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

I just rewatched the Tom Cruise 'War of the Worlds' film and that movie really holds up. When the credits rolled, I saw Kathleen Kennedy's name as a producer and remembered that she has accomplished a lot in the film industry. I dislike the direction they are taking the Star Wars franchise, but if they want to give her a special Oscar, I don't care.

The Academy Awards are a completely meaningless ego-stroking-fest, anyway, so they don't really mean anything.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Slapping your name on the credits simply because you happen to have paid for catering or whatever, doesn't mean crap. There's a dozen different Producers to any Movie, yet we don't see most of them getting much accolades in front of the camera. Some of whom no one's ever heard of.

Even if you're a producer of intellectual properties or creative content, you're still just writing checks to bankroll the actual people doing the work. So in that sense, paying for a movie to get made, then I'm thankful to them in that regard. If it's on a movie that I like.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Slapping your name on the credits simply because you happen to have paid for catering or whatever, doesn't mean crap. There's a dozen different Producers to any Movie, yet we don't see most of them getting much accolades in front of the camera. Some of whom no one's ever heard of.

Even if you're a producer of intellectual properties or creative content, you're still just writing checks to bankroll the actual people doing the work. So in that sense, paying for a movie to get made, then I'm thankful to them in that regard. If it's on a movie that I like.
    you have no idea what a producer does do you?

lets not wander off topic. this topic is about Frank Marshall winning an award with his wife.
    discuss only movies that were produced by 'Kennedy/Marshall'; not Kathleen Kennedy Herself, that's not what this thread is about.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast