Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 75098 Assault On Hoth

That makes more sense. Red 5 and the B-Wing were both $199.99 here. I can't remember what the Shuttle cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneel_Before_Zod View Post
    That makes more sense. Red 5 and the B-Wing were both $199.99 here. I can't remember what the Shuttle cost.
    $259.99 I believe.
    Huge Army Builder, 852 figures and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    $259.99 I believe.
    Yep, and as always, wish I bought more. It was such a weird price too. I don't think there was ever another set with that price.
    Last edited by oneknightr; 07-28-2015 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oneknightr View Post
    Yep, and as always, wish I bought more. It was such a weird price too. I don't think there was ever another set with that price.
    for some reason, I frequently get things in 11's.. 11 Shuttles, 11 Grand Emporiums, 11 Tower Bridges,
    Huge Army Builder, 852 figures and counting.

Whats the reason to believe that echo base UCS will be made. Is it just the listing on brickset.com ? Do they have any official relation or contacts with Lego ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slave0 View Post
    Whats the reason to believe that echo base UCS will be made. Is it just the listing on brickset.com ? Do they have any official relation or contacts with Lego ?
    Many of the fan sites do have some relationship with Lego, but not to the extent that they would have inside information on new sets that are coming out. The reason people generally believe that a UCS Echo Base set is in the offing (and probably should be getting announced relatively soon) is that there was a list leaked in early January of this year that detailed essentially every D2C Lego set for this year, as well as many other giveaways, etc. With respect to the D2C sets, that list has turned out to be 100% accurate thus far. I think the original list may have gotten one or two giveaways wrong, at least with respect to their timing, but that's been about it. That list indicated that there was a UCS Hoth Echo Base set coming in October of this year. Many people initially voiced the opinion that Echo Base was just a placeholder name for a set to be determined later, but I think that opinion (or hope) has slowly died off as every other set on that list has come to fruition.
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

I just dont see a scene being appropriate for a USC. Choosing a single ship or any single item made in a large scale is more impressive. A UCS hoth base would be made of a few recognizable items made a bit larger than we seen any of them in sets before. A UCS AT-AT would be very big and very impressive and look fantastic in ads and in a lego store display.

The larger any single item is made, the more detail, accuray and play features can be engineered into it.

Of course people have preferences as to what is produced and it would be great to produce everything. I would much rather an AT-AT myself for pure wow factor. I also think it makes sense from a marketable perspective for lego to make an AT-AT.

You're preaching to the choir. People originally thought that the Echo Base name was a placeholder for a UCS AT-AT. Personally, I would love a 4000+ piece AT-AT, but I think I've resigned myself to the UCS Echo Base being accurate. Either way, I would think we'll be hearing about the next UCS set sometime soon.
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

Someone on Eurobricks claims that we will see the UCS set on 1st October.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiss_Solo View Post
    Someone on Eurobricks claims that we will see the UCS set on 1st October.
    I have not heard a word about this set coming out this week and I have a few friends that work at my local Lego store. I have seen a youtube video saying that it will be out this week though.
    Last edited by vader2001; 09-29-2015 at 06:39 AM.
    ''Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
    my feedback
    "What is considered from a GG's point of view "near future"? " -- LightSword 07/08/13

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast