Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Star Wars Hot Wheels Elite: let's give them a thread of their own!

Quote Originally Posted by boris_2 View Post
    I agree with all the above comments, lack of range will kill the line. As EM has learnt, the more ships you make, the more people will buy
    EM? Sorry, drawing a mental blanket here...

EM = Eaglemoss - Star Trek Starships Collecton.
    This is the yardstick / flagship line by which other lines should be measured against IMO.

Despite being a YUGE fan of TIE-Fighters, I also feel too many companies producing Star Wars diecast vehicles are playing it safe and squandering the license - as well as producing the same vehicles over and over again, ad nausium.

Someone needs to produce:

- more SW capital ships - period.

- starships from the Disney era movies that are new and unique, beyond copious FO TIEs, yet another Milennium Falcon, Resistance x-Wings (the list is exhaustive). So many TFAs, TLJ, Rogue One and Solo vehicles begging to be made!

- more unproduced starships from existing mediums (Clone Wars, Rebels, The Resistance, etc).

my two cents... a

According to Mattel, the Elite Series is done. The TFA wave was the last.

E...
    Eric Franks
    "I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"
    Trade Feedback

That’s disappointing to hear! Micromachines, Black Series Titaniums, Disneystore diecast vehicles, and now Hot Wheels Elite vehicles.

The list of faltering diecast SW vehicle lines is growing larger by the month/year...

ps: apologies for my bad spelling / a... on the end of my last sentence (bad phone day!)

Quote Originally Posted by saddestmoon View Post
    That’s disappointing to hear! Micromachines, Black Series Titaniums, Disneystore diecast vehicles, and now Hot Wheels Elite vehicles.

The list of faltering diecast SW vehicle lines is growing larger by the month/year...

ps: apologies for my bad spelling / a... on the end of my last sentence (bad phone day!)
    I agree - that would be a pity. Still I am confident that if done right, a line like that may pick up. Disney did a lot right, but the availability was too limited. Hot Wheels did a lot right, but the price was too high and the range too limited.

I will always love my full set of DeAgostinis, although smaller in scale. If they would anounce a re-run with newer ships, I'd pay a fortune for the subscription.

The normal Hot Wheels just don't do the job for me.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightEdgeLuke View Post
    I agree - that would be a pity. Still I am confident that if done right, a line like that may pick up. Disney did a lot right, but the availability was too limited. Hot Wheels did a lot right, but the price was too high and the range too limited.

I will always love my full set of DeAgostinis, although smaller in scale. If they would anounce a re-run with newer ships, I'd pay a fortune for the subscription.

I was listening to Matt Fox on Galaxy of Toys podcast and he referred to how toy companys launch a new line, and lose patience 3 or 4 items in so you always get the most common designs. Same thing here - the elites arrived 2 years late, when the audience and moved on and have walked away after just scratching the surface. On a positive point, at least there's a finite number to hunt but it's another shame in the history of toy spaceship shames
    formerly Boris :shame:

Quote Originally Posted by StraightEdgeLuke View Post

I even like the non-diecast Disney stuff. I have Poe's X-wing and Falcon (Solo movie) and I think they're kinda cool. Personally, if I'm going to display it on a shelf I really don't care about metal content or not as long as the detail is there.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Hmmm - why does the First Order TIE Fighter lack the distinctive red mark?

Seems like a massive oversight.

Regardless, RIP the Elite line

Only the Special Forces TIE has red markings, the regular FO TIE doesn't
    And when he gets to heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell, one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

The Hot Wheels Elite First Order Tie Fighter is down to 24,95 USD at Amazon.com. Let's agree that this is the price we should all be getting him.

https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Wheels-St...dp/B073SDP34Y/

The 2 new X-Wings are still 60something. Please give us a headsup once they are reduced as well.

Still sad this line went bankrupt.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456