Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Hot Wheels Elite: let's give them a thread of their own!

Quote Originally Posted by boris_2 View Post
    and it took an age to get these released.
    I recall Bigbadtoystore advertising these quite some time ago on preorder and feeling some cold feet whether they were cancelled or not. IIRC, weren't they advertising Poe's and Resistance X-wing too? I have the Disney die-cast versions, but I'm curious how they'd compare.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

While I think these are great, I would have to pass on these for a few reasons.

1: The price. While I can afford them, it does get a bit expensive when all the ships are that high in price. I could buy them if they go lower in price, but that leads me to..

2: Space and past collectibles. I need to draw the line in collecting somewhere. I did just move into a new house where I have more room. Its just most of my stuff is packed away, so I'm not sure at how much room I would exactly have. Also I am happy with the Titanium versions of these ships, so if I do pick these up I feel like I'd be buying doubles, in my opinion. The same with the Disney die-cast ships. These are really nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deak_Starkiller View Post
    I recall Bigbadtoystore advertising these quite some time ago on preorder and feeling some cold feet whether they were cancelled or not. IIRC, weren't they advertising Poe's and Resistance X-wing too? I have the Disney die-cast versions, but I'm curious how they'd compare.
    Those even got release dates lately, I think it was November on Amazon!

I own the full Disney DieCast line, but the Hot Wheels are a different level imo.

Sorry for the stupid question as I haven't picked up any of the Disney die cast yet, so the Hot Wheels ones are just do much better?

I like the Hot Wheels for the weathering detail which gives that less toyetic feel compared to the Disney Die Cast, but the big price difference is the only killjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by DRUMI33 View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question as I haven't picked up any of the Disney die cast yet, so the Hot Wheels ones are just do much better?
    I love the Disney DieCast. For 15 bucks e.g. the Falcon is a tremendous model, with an unbelievable price tag. To bad the line was discontinued.

However and although smaller, the Hot Wheels are quite superior from detail, coloring, weathering, functions. We should not forget the flaws e.g. with the Disney DieCast Falcon landing gear which never stood out. Hot Whells found elegant, durable solutions for questions like this. Are they 80 bucks superior, judging from retail price? I still don't know. But they are quite superior on the first look already.

I’d like to see The Ghost get the Elite treatment.

Thank you for the information, do the Disney ships have a display stand with them or would that be one advantage that Hot Wheels would have.
    Do agree Disney ones do have a much better price point even after looking at them on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    I’d like to see The Ghost get the Elite treatment.
    If it includes a detachable Phantom, I'd be concerned with the paint possilby scrapping off on any of the connect points.

Quote Originally Posted by DRUMI33 View Post
    Thank you for the information, do the Disney ships have a display stand with them or would that be one advantage that Hot Wheels would have.
    Do agree Disney ones do have a much better price point even after looking at them on Ebay.
    The Disney ships did not include display stands, even for the vehicles that basically necessitate one. There are some eBay sellers that make and sell some acrylic stands for them (as well as the Hasbro figure vehicles).
    "May the Funk be with You!"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast