Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Resistance Toys

I'm wondering if they can make these in the smaller scale, I guess. I'm not sure how big the ships are supposed to be in the show, but I was thinking around the size of the Phantom or maybe the mini-rig Y-Wing from TCW which was released again with Kanaan.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Yeah, had these fighters been released back when 5POA was making its debut, they would have been ideal to market to customers for $20 in the Class II vehicle niche. But with all the things going on right now with inflation, manufacturing costs, and tariffs, we're looking at close $30, maybe even $40.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

I wouldn't be surprised if the ships were relegated to something similar to the "budget" or "value" line (the current Millennium Falcon for example). That one has an action feature and Force Link 2.0 tech.

It's an option, but sort of 'sneaking' their way of the traditional vehicle with figure approach. I just don't know if I'll get hooked onto the value line if it gets to be somewhat of an established line. I recall getting the TFA Falcon at Ross for $7, and I still think I overpaid for what I got. The Solo Falcon is MUCH better, but I couldn't bite at $30 and found one at a local Target which blew theirs out at $15. The Disney die-cast for $10 is my most favored option, but I have a feeling they'll get to charging around $15-$20 this time around if they ever get to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deak_Starkiller View Post
    It's an option, but sort of 'sneaking' their way of the traditional vehicle with figure approach. I just don't know if I'll get hooked onto the value line if it gets to be somewhat of an established line. I recall getting the TFA Falcon at Ross for $7, and I still think I overpaid for what I got. The Solo Falcon is MUCH better, but I couldn't bite at $30 and found one at a local Target which blew theirs out at $15. The Disney die-cast for $10 is my most favored option, but I have a feeling they'll get to charging around $15-$20 this time around if they ever get to do it.
    Part of my reasoning is that it seems as if they are presenting the ships themselves as characters in a way (based on the trailer). So from a Hasbro/Disney POV getting a plot figure in the ship might not seem like a priority to their intended audience which appears to be 3 year olds who will watch a cartoon at 10pm...

Got it....although from a storytelling standpoint I've typically thought of Disney as being in the business of creating 'likeable' characters, particularly for the younger audience. Just can't seem to pin down why Disney's Star Wars characters are as 'likeable' with the older audiences?

Yeah, that didn't come out right, meant to say 'aren't'.

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    intended audience which appears to be 3 year olds who will watch a cartoon at 10pm...
    I love this line. That's exactly how this whole thing plays out.

I see what you mean about presenting the ships, themselves, as characters, thus using the Value line. If they go that route, I won't buy any of them. I'm too much of a fan that likes to put figures into the vehicles.

I'd be ok with them selling the vehicles and figures separately, but these just seem to fit perfectly into the whole ship with figure concept.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

So when is eta for these? Maybe NYCC will reveal these and the mysterious "Hades Joker" from Solo line

New trailer

https://youtu.be/Ae2Cxy8sswk

Red TIE looks dope and I absolutely love the First Order character in gold armor since I've been wanting to paint some of my extra phasmas other colors for awhile.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast