Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Star Wars Resistance Toys

Possibly because Humans are resistant/hesitant to change, not to mention adverse to a focus being put on the new stuff over the oldies but goodies. When History shows fads don't stay around long enough to get invested in them.

Why bother if they don't plan to stick with it? While I didn't care for this show as all, i thought the designs on certain characters and vehicles were neat. We could have used a few of the ships to compliment the line.
    Thee was definite potential for the show if, it weren't trying so hard to make that kid look like the dumbest guy in the Galaxy. The pirate stuff was interesting as well.

For all of Hasbro's bravado about being for Kids, this line seemed like the opposite. You get a handful of figures that seem like they were meant to just stand there for display, and not come with any additionals like ships and environments. Kids, at least used to, like inter-activeness.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I picked up Torra, Synara, and Kaz for $4 on clearance at WM yesterday to have pilot versions of the characters, just in case they ever make the ships.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Resistance Season 2 will be its last.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/14/star-wa...son-2-trailer/

Sad news for all those who worked so hard on the show and hopefully not the end for Star Wars in animation.

I admit I didn't warm to the series right away- it seemed like a bit like if Deep Space Nine was only Jake and Nog episodes- but the season one finale and season two premier gave the indication that show was on its way toward some interesting places for Star Wars stories.

I wonder how much Hasbro failing to commit to the show impacted the decision not to continue, or did Hasbro not commit because the writing was already on the walls for the show's fate?

I thought the Resistance figures were long gone from one of my local Walmarts, but I saw some on the pegs yesterday. I guess a worker found them somewhere. They rang up at $2 so of course I picked them up. I figured they'd look nice sitting inside some of my starfighter toys even if we never get Resistance ships.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by ZX3 View Post
    Resistance Season 2 will be its last.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/14/star-wa...son-2-trailer/

Sad news for all those who worked so hard on the show and hopefully not the end for Star Wars in animation.

I admit I didn't warm to the series right away- it seemed like a bit like if Deep Space Nine was only Jake and Nog episodes- but the season one finale and season two premier gave the indication that show was on its way toward some interesting places for Star Wars stories.

I wonder how much Hasbro failing to commit to the show impacted the decision not to continue, or did Hasbro not commit because the writing was already on the walls for the show's fate?
    this could have been the plan all along with Resistance. I mean Season 1 was going on during the events of TFA and now season 2 will bridge the gap between TLJ and TROS. I'm sad that we will probably not get anymore toys from the series as there are still great characters that need to be made as well as the ships.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

If this show had come out 10 years ago, we'd already have all the aces, their ships, Papa Doza, the pirate captain, The turtle guy, and the parts shop owners.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122