Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Resistance Toys

I find it odd that we still haven't seen anything by way of vehicles yet. I'm not imagining things right? Hasbro did say initially that we will get vehicles?
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I find it odd that we still haven't seen anything by way of vehicles yet. I'm not imagining things right? Hasbro did say initially that we will get vehicles?
    This would make double sense given the nature of the show. At this point I just want Vonreg's Interceptor!

That said, if something is planned there's no reason for "no comment" scenario. We don't need confirmation on who is being made, just that a wave two is coming. And that there is indeed a future for this line, is that too hard to answer? Sheesh...

You'd think they're trying to hold onto State secrets, when even the govt. can't do a good job of it. Non answers just generate hope, hope that is crushed when the hammer drops! If you're not doing more just say it, if you are say it. Only cold heart *Bleep* lead people on.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

You'd think they would make minimal confirmations, to keep those that are interested engaged. I don't get the secrecy over a low rated cartoon to begin with, I'd imagine LFL would be insisting they promote it! Someone from Hasbro did say the series is very vehicle oriented, but they never confirmed any ships would be released from what I recall. The only confirmed release is the diecast assortment from Hot Wheels. As I've said, I don't find the show all that interesting, so I'll be skipping most / all of whats released anyway, as I'm happy just owning a Vonreg, but they should make bare bones confirmations as to whether the line is continuing.

So... JTA is saying that nothing is planned. So as I guessed it, the line is done with just one wave. Guess that's how you keep people uninterested in a line.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

^ just like SOTE line in "96, lol.

The Resistance tv show action figures will be somewhat rare to other people.

the way it was with us older folk when the Ewoks tv show action figures and Droids tv show action figures back in the day.

Either buy them now or else you're SOL

I honestly don't think the Resistance action figure line or cartoon will be missed once they're gone. With the ratings so low, it would be foolish to continue the line. We don't know what overall sales were like, but I can tell you these are easy to find online at or below MSRP, and between the two Targets near me, I can still find nearly all the figures. I think the only downside, is that another 3.75 line is gone. Had they done a second wave, we might have seen an alien or two, which may have interested collectors like myself that have no interest in the show / characters.

Yeah, imho, waiting to release wv1 a couple months after the tv dept didn't help matters. That's when a second wave shouldve started hitting stores. And if o my the 1 wave was planned, maybe Poe, bb8 and stormtrooper shouldve been not included. Maybe General Leia, Neeko (sp?) and the red bb unit instead. General Leia may have gotten non animated fans interested just to fill the void of no basic tfa General Leia. I wonder if they could've kit bashed the f.o. tie w/ interceptor wings and painted/cast in red.

At Celebration Chicago it was remarkable how differently the Clone Wars Saved and Rebels Remembered panels were received vs the Resistance season 2 panel. Resistance showed the second season premiere in its entirety and yet the hall was only about a third of the way filled.

The animated shows seem to go in a pattern of fan ire, derision, and avoidance followed by acceptance as the show gets established and then widespread fan appreciation and enthusiasm around season three. I wonder if Resistance will be able to make it to that point.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast