Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO Star Wars 2019 News and Discussion

LEGO Star Wars 2019 News and Discussion

Starting this one early off the back of a recent post on the front page:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...ext_181656.asp

I'm really hoping that there is something special for the XXth birthday of LSW. It'd be a shame to miss out on the opportunity.
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

With new movies and TV series being release there is seemingly no end in sight and with the license's first major milestone occuring in less than a year it's time to wonder what LEGO has in store for us.

Thankfully brother Brick Fanatics have come to the rescue with a report that states LEGO may release a selection of 20th anniversary sets next year:

the LEGO Group will release a special range of sets to commemorate the two decade long Star Wars theme. As well as the usual January launch, an April wave of sets will feature special nostalgic 20th anniversary packaging, using the original LEGO Star Wars logo. Each box will contain a collectible minifigure that replicates the original, yellow faced LEGO Star Wars designs. The sets are expected to be based on vehicles and locations from across the saga.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...urs_181665.asp

With the 20th anniversary of the LEGO SW line AND The Phantom Menace happening next year does that make the Jar Jar minifig 40?

I've got high hopes for the 20th anniversary sets. I can't believe it's been 20 years. At this rate, I'll be buying Star Wars Lego with my Social Security checks.
    Gorge, guzzle and wench, for tomorrow we get gutted.

I was talking to a friend’s child last night about LEGO sets and he commented that he had some of the original sets from 20 years ago that his parents bought him used. Made me wonder if they had bought any of mine when I stopped collecting them, the first time, about 6 years ago and sold them all on eBay.

Dear 2019, please give us a classic ROTJ, UCS A-Wing.

Thank you.

I hope there’s better offered than original yellow figures. Does not appeal to me at all.

The 60th anniversary mini builds that LEGO ran earlier this year were very popular - maybe they'll do some midiscale 1999 sets with an exclusive minifig?

At this point I have absolutely no idea what's planned.

Quote Originally Posted by INDY View Post
    I hope there’s better offered than original yellow figures. Does not appeal to me at all.
    Agreed. Not a fan of yellow figs but I don't expect there to be more than that.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast