Thread: BAD parts interchangeable?

BAD parts interchangeable?

My son's birthday is next week on Friday. I'm giving him my Bantha, Dewback, and Sandcrawler. I was hoping to design some interior inserts to the Sandcrawler (best saved for another post perhaps) and some eclectic junk accessories to fill the main cavity up with. I have a bunch of junk prequel accessories but thought it'd be neat to recreate the droid factory in a sense. Could U-3PO arms fit onto a TC-70 body with a RA-7 head? I'm looking at lots with incomplete droids. All the astromech parts al can be mixed and matched?

Would really appreciate an answer soon as time is limited. Thanks!

Generally speaking, Hasbro BAD parts fit together but don't fit with Disney BAD. A bit of hot glue or filing will solve the problem though.

Thanks. Some of the lots I was looking at shot up in price beyond what I'm willing to pay. Oh well. Onto designing some interior inserts to make those bland walls a bit more interactive. Buttons/controls/lava falls for smelting.

Don't forget the Jawenko!

I had to look up what that was. I had never tried to reconcile Super Star Wars with the old canon but sure, why not? :p

Modifying the interior can be a fun father/son activity. It can be an ongoing thing.

If you just want junk, get some Oyumaru or Siligum and make molds of the pieces you want.
    Then you can have the fun of painting/customizing them. Oyumaru is great because it can be reused to make new molds but it can't be boiled like Siligum (I boil Fimo before I de-mold so it keeps it's shape).

I use a lot of Model Magic, but tinfoil and Fimo/Sculpy will also work and will be stronger.