Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Han Solo Mudtrooper - #78

Quote Originally Posted by KidBane View Post
    At the Hasbro Panel the Hasbro rep, Eric, said the Gas mask, helmet, and goggles were removable.
    I guess that settles that. It's a plus, but still waiting for MY Mudtrooper. Plastic cape/hood would be just as fine if need be. I'll give them a bases loaded, bottom ninth, game winning run at the plate this time.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Oh no...I didnt know Han got his hand blown off in the Mimban campaign...{sigh}.

Honestly Hasbro needs to hire me as a full-time figure poser. Black series figures are always in the goofiest and most unnatural poses when on display at conventions.

…."Cool Hand.....Luke." ("...top that, kid!")
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by KidBane View Post
    At the Hasbro Panel the Hasbro rep, Eric, said the Gas mask, helmet, and goggles were removable. And said that you could put it all back on to have a troop builder. So it sounds like Hasbro had that in mind, but we'll have to wait and see how well they executed it. I'm anxious to see how well it looks as a generic trooper.
    Hasbro’s Ehrenreich sculpt doesn’t look all that much like Ford to begin with (Ehrenreich himself sometimes seems to, from certain angles) so I wouldn’t even have needed the goggles and mask for army-building purposes, but that’s certainly good news. More functional gear is always a plus.

One other thought: the first Ehrenreich Solo figure is “a little short for a Stormtrooper” since he’s not quite as tall as the first Black Series Han (who is almost exactly the same height as the standard Stormtrooper buck), and it remains to be seen whether this second one will follow suit, but perhaps that’s appropriate for the Imperial Army infantry, whom you’d expect to have slightly less exacting standards of recruitment than the Stormtrooper Corps.
    WTB/WTTF Star Wars Black Series 6" Han Solo "Mudtrooper" version (multiples).

This is what happens when you got a satellite crew at a con. They don't make sure the damn hand stays on. I will say this is probably one of the rougher protos I've seen them show.

I just can't believe they didn't take one pic with the helemt on. But perhaps it's that early of a proto it won't go on, or simply didn't want to ruin the paint.

• Rest in Peace Drewe Henley. •
    Does the Cantina interest you?

Visit the Cantina Crazies Center! -
    B/S/T Feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by jedisquared View Post
    Oh no...I didnt know Han got his hand blown off in the Mimban campaign...{sigh}.
    Wow! haha

Have to say it again though, what a fantastic looking figure and with the news about the head accessories, will definitely be picking up a few of these to go with my Mimban Stormies!

I plan to just keep the mask and helmet on and make him a standard trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimasterc View Post
    I plan to just keep the mask and helmet on and make him a standard trooper.
    Me too. For the sequel and standalone films 6" line, I am not in the business of collecting a figure of every character's outfit. Instead, I buy the most notable/memorable outfit from the film and call it a day. But in this case I will be keeping the mask on and have Han be a standard mudtrooper.

What would be nice is if we got a running change with the armband being white!

• Rest in Peace Drewe Henley. •
    Does the Cantina interest you?

Visit the Cantina Crazies Center! -
    B/S/T Feedback!

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast