Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Boba Fett - Archive Figure

Man this should have been the exclusive for C8 instead of the x-wing Luke. There would be a riot.

I'll definitely be picking him up since I wasn't collecting the black series when they first came out. It's a great figure, but I don't fell like paying $50+ for him, not to mention there are so many bootlegs of him out there.

Unless something notable has changed from the original version, I'll probably pass since I was lucky enough to nab that at retail. Still, I highly support reissuing one of the most popular and difficult to find figures in the line. Tons of people missed this one, and rereleasing is also a good way to fight the bootlegs.

I'll probably get this to replace my Bootleg one. I'll probably modify my bootleg one to make his cape shorter and to add a moving rangefinder.
    Want:
    Black Series 6" Tie Fighter Pilot (not the TFA one)
    My Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1049653/

I am 100% convinced that they took pictures of the bootleg Boba Fett for their pictures. The cape is too long, too light and the stripe is not the correct color. The helmet dent is not painted, neither is the "pimple" on the bottom right of his helmet (you can see this in the second picture, there is a raised dot on the right side of his helmet under where the black and red from the visor swoop down to the bottom).

You can't see the back of his belt, nor can you see the back of his jetpack, those would be the other giveaways. But, for me, this is a pic of the bootleg. Not sure why Hasbro didn't have a legit one on hand to take pics of... or why a Hasbro employee has a bootleg lying around the office.
    Wants: SH Figuarts ANH Han Solo, Chewbacca, ROTJ Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by MagusVader View Post
    I am 100% convinced that they took pictures of the bootleg Boba Fett for their pictures. The cape is too long, too light and the stripe is not the correct color. The helmet dent is not painted, neither is the "pimple" on the bottom right of his helmet (you can see this in the second picture, there is a raised dot on the right side of his helmet under where the black and red from the visor swoop down to the bottom).

You can't see the back of his belt, nor can you see the back of his jetpack, those would be the other giveaways. But, for me, this is a pic of the bootleg. Not sure why Hasbro didn't have a legit one on hand to take pics of... or why a Hasbro employee has a bootleg lying around the office.
    I agree, the green of his helmet and rocket pack is also kinda off and in some of the pics you can actually see that odd hip joint.
    TK-114
    Imperial Stormcustomizer
    Alias: Net-Viper X
    Check out my website to see more Star Wars customs. My Rebel Scum Feedback Thread

Here is the pic I am talking about, look between the hip pouch and pistol holster and you can just see the bootleg style hip joint. The real Boba does not have that.

TK-114
    Imperial Stormcustomizer
    Alias: Net-Viper X
    Check out my website to see more Star Wars customs. My Rebel Scum Feedback Thread

Maybe Hasbro contacted the wrong factory and the new figures we'll get are based off the bootleg molds. I sure hope not though.
    Want:
    Black Series 6" Tie Fighter Pilot (not the TFA one)
    My Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1049653/

Maybe Hasbro just thought it was the real one. Like loads of other people.

That's a mistake a company like Hasbro should never make ... official photos based on a bootleg figure!
    "Without respect - we reject!"

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast