Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Star Gunner -#**

http://www.rebelscum.com/2018-San-Di...es/image52.asp

Here is a picture for anyone wondering - not sure about this one. The helmet appears a bit off and the crotch / thigh articulation looks odd to say the least. I think the Saga version holds up better. This is one of those upgrades I could honestly do without.

If Hasbro referenced Rogue One for this, then the movie is wrong as well. I could do the homework, but its moot at this point. As for the crotch, ...I have no intention of displaying this guy sitting cross-legged behind a DS turbolaser chair unless Vader catches him on an unscheduled break.
    Last edited by Deak_Starkiller; 07-22-2018 at 10:13 AM.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

I think its OK, RO did modernize the older designs from the OT even on their blasters changes were made like adding flashlights. That finger print on the vest is kinda annoying though,lol.

I'm really looking forwards to getting my mitts on four of them.

It's not a horrible figure, but to me it just doesn't scream DSG. There are parts I like, and parts I don't. The sunken head is way obvious, so I'm guessing the vest is removable? Which begs the question, could he be two figures in one? Maybe with the vest off he can double as an Officer in jumpsuit.
    Then there's those odd looking hips, again... Not as bad as some, but still obvious.

That said, he's got some great custom fodder possibilities! I may get him for my Revan figure.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Vorax View Post
    I think its OK, RO did modernize the older designs from the OT even on their blasters changes were made like adding flashlights.
    I'll let it slide I suppose, but my POV it's more like an unwarranted "correction". And it's not like 'we didn't see those things before' situations like the remastered TOS USS Enterprise hull panels, right?

Anyway, to move on....I wonder if that thumbprint is the sculptor's 'stamp of approval'.
    Last edited by Deak_Starkiller; 07-22-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Not to get off topic, but did you see the new Discovery trailer?
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Not to get off topic, but did you see the new Discovery trailer?
    I DO follow the series...its not canon in my book.

Looking forward to buying this figure but I agree that the helmet looks a bit small.

Return of the Small Heads - Starring Jabba's Skiff Guard, Walrus Man, Ree Yees, and this guy.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast