Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Darth Revan

Not much of a KOTOR fan admittedly, but I'm still waiting for a Malgus to come along. So far the GG statue that came with the Limited Edition set is a temporary 'substitute'.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    Sugar coat it all you want - the figure is garbage. It checks off every box that collectors tend to agree with as being negative in a figure.

Yes, collectors complain. But this figure sucks and what makes it worse is that it's a highly requested character that they just whiffed on.

The most iconic part of this characters design is the mask. They used a mask design that was fan made for a KOTKR mod.
    Lol - whats being sugar coated? I said I like the figure, and he should decide on his own whether he likes it - not be swayed by other collectors ranting about it. If someone likes a figure, that should be their only factor in deciding whether to purchase it. As for TVC, did you not read that I said it SHOULD have a new helmet, etc? For $13+ they should put more effort into the figure, rather than an old repack.

Quote Originally Posted by Deak_Starkiller View Post
    Not much of a KOTOR fan admittedly, but I'm still waiting for a Malgus to come along. So far the GG statue that came with the Limited Edition set is a temporary 'substitute'.
    Malgus has been released in VC and the 3.75" BS series.

Sorry, I meant to say 6" Black Series (made the post BEFORE the coffee).
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Yeah K'kruhk would have been a much better choice for a repack, the Twins though not so much. Was never a fan of those two TBH. Jacen was a very big letdown using Luke's 10 year old ESB sculpt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorax View Post
    Yeah, the Malak figure was an awful figure too, but at least it had knee articulation,lol. It would've been cool if they offered two new sculpts together of those respective characters.
    Makes me think they should have just went with a 2-pk Exclusive, if it meant getting new sculpts for them!
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Yeah, even if it meant EE exclusives or GameStop or whatever. They really needed updates. Often enough their choices for updated characters is frustrating to say the least.

I really miss the comic 2 packs, which do not seem to be returning.

We did some legwork today, and I just wanted to remind everyone where this horrible mask design came from. Here is the in-game "sith mask" and then the 2nd one is the modded one "skinned" to kind of look like Revan. This was the basis used for this figures mask because there was no Revan mask in-game, and there was no full-sized face mask either like Revan should have had.

Last edited by GrandAdmiralJSK; 07-22-2018 at 12:46 PM.

I think the second one is better than the top one for sure. The actual toy wasnt the greatest made figure overall, the head/mask was serviceable. The BS one is a beauty and would've made such a great 3.75 Revan. I just dont know who goes to these conventions or what questions Hasbro allows or accepts from the audience, cause word just isnt getting to them or they ignore what they ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    Lol - whats being sugar coated? I said I like the figure, and he should decide on his own whether he likes it - not be swayed by other collectors ranting about it. If someone likes a figure, that should be their only factor in deciding whether to purchase it. As for TVC, did you not read that I said it SHOULD have a new helmet, etc? For $13+ they should put more effort into the figure, rather than an old repack.
    Lol - sugar coated was the wrong words. Apologies.

The figure is still a piece of ****.

perfect time for improvements?. That would be before it comes out.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast