Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Darth Revan

Yeah, the Malak figure was an awful figure too, but at least it had knee articulation,lol. It would've been cool if they offered two new sculpts together of those respective characters.
    Last edited by Vorax; 07-21-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorax View Post
    Yeah, the Malak figure was an awful figure too, but at least it had knee articulation,lol. It would've been cool if they offered two new sculpts together of those respective characters.
    I swear if they do a TVC Malak and it’s the same swivel elbows I will be mad!

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieman26 View Post
    Very disappointing that they couldn’t scale down the 6” release. Oh well, will still probably get it for the sake of having a 3.75” Revan (even if it’s a crappy one).
    Ya this is a really cheap move on their part. If it's a straight repack, with the fan-mod mask from KOTOR that the original has, then its borderline shameful.

A decade later and we get what looks like a straight repack, when they just did a new 6" one? Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieman26 View Post
    I swear if they do a TVC Malak and it’s the same swivel elbows I will be mad!
    Not to mention how small it was, very undersized. Worst offense was the head. Looked like an old man, and the removable plate ruined the aesthetic.
    Vedain, 8D8, Klaatu, Lak Sivrak, Barada, Tessek, EV-9D9, Yotts Orren, Velken Tezeri, Fozec... Dreaming

Had this guy on my amazon list for a minute and this repack would be cheaper, but man you guys make this figure sound like garbage. I may have to pass on this one.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenner76 View Post
    Looking forward to getting this one! I’m glad Disney is going to keep making “Legends” figures.
    They’re not, and won’t. This is a repack of an 11-year-old figure. They straight lied if they ever said that they are going to make anymore Legends figures.

Even so, it’s nice that people who missed him the first time around have another shot at him, despite his 2007-era design flaws. He’s basically a salt-and-pepper shaker type figure, who works okay if you just stand him there doing nothing. But hey, I absolutely loved him in ‘07; a new sculpt, unfortunately, is a TOTAL pipe dream.

But even though they won’t ever make any more Legends characters, Revan at least suggests that they might re-release some. It would be cool for them to do Malgus and Shae Vizla again, as many missed out on those the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    Had this guy on my amazon list for a minute and this repack would be cheaper, but man you guys make this figure sound like garbage. I may have to pass on this one.
    Its far from garbage, some collectors just complain about everything. Browse the photo archive and decide for yourself whether you like it. I bought the original and think its well done, but for TVC I do think it should have been retooled. A new helmet, knee articulation, and a softgoods skirt would have gone a long way - plus we need to remember the MSRP nearly doubled since the original release, so Hasbro should put more effort into the figure.

http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC34revan.asp
    Last edited by darth_sidious; 07-22-2018 at 08:07 AM.

As bad as Revan was (terrible articulation, fan made mask design, that weird bald head etc etc) the Malak was just as bad. The "articulation" is basically worthless. Those cut swivel elbows, which on my two Malak figures ended up broken almost immediately, and the ball joint knees with pre-posed lower legs.

Just a really weird choice here for a repack when there is a brand new file at hand that can be utilized. It should be noted that the new 6" one has character design issues as well but nothing compared to this abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    Its far from garbage, some collectors just complain about everything. Browse the photo archive and decide for yourself whether you like it. I bought the original and think its well done, but for TVC I do think it should have been retooled. A new helmet, knee articulation, and a softgoods skirt would have gone a long way - plus we need to remember the MSRP nearly doubled since the original release, so Hasbro should put more effort into the figure.
    Sugar coat it all you want - the figure is garbage. It checks off every box that collectors tend to agree with as being negative in a figure.

Yes, collectors complain. But this figure sucks and what makes it worse is that it's a highly requested character that they just whiffed on.

The most iconic part of this characters design is the mask. They used a mask design that was fan made for a KOTKR mod.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast