Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Darth Revan

Regardless I do feel that it is a shame, there were several people looking forward to this release for the simple fact that they never found him the first time. Plus he fetches well over $100 on ebay.
    Sure people would rather have an updated version after all this time, to align with current figure's looks. I'm one of those people. But not at the expense of never getting him at all.

I definitely didn't think it was worth fan outcry of not wanting him etc. But just a clarification to Hasbro we would have preferred a newer version, or at the very least new legs and head?
    But dialog is something that never happens, they make a decision and we live with it or complain about it. In their defense a repack of Revan was something that was long sought after, and continually requested for years. Right up until a few years back, when the 6' version was made. So how would anyone just accept a seemingly inferior sculpt after seeing TBS figure?

IMO, Malak is the figure most in need of an totally new sculpt. Just look at that head and mask, not to mention those swivel elbows.

None of this seems likely though due to them being old EU/Legends characters. After all, it took them 12 years to finally reissue Revan. Then get lambasted for doing so. Think we'll ever get someone we actually want again? lol

Though it's not like Collectors don't have a point, how well would a repack of a 12 year old figure go over in any era of Modern Collecting? Some figures simply do not age well.

Perhaps if that new Trilogy for GoT crew comes about, and it is set in ToR. Hopefully these characters will some how be used and we'll see a renewed interest.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I know Hasbro needs time to get things moving, but of course, a repack can be produced a lot faster than a new figure. The problem is really who Hasbro is listening to when they make their decision and if the message gets sent in the right way/received in the right way.

Once the 6" version came out, I can't think of any reason why Hasbro would want to repack a less articulated version of the same character for the TVC line knowing that fans would then demand a newer version. Once a mold is obsolete, it's almost betterfor them to just retire it (in the character actually has a chance of being made again).
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Straight repack is easiest, and they were likely looking for wave filler anyways. So it worked. Otherwise they could have taken the time to even kitbash with different legs at least. And add SG skirt. Unfortunately that takes time that they probably didn't have. If they can "adjust" repacks with that Photo real paint app, surely they can alter them a bit more? IDK what's involved in that process.

In all honesty though, they could have just reissued K'kruhk and likely pleased a lot of people. Personally there's only so many repacks I'm interested in, and what they're doing currently isn't quite up my alley.
    They really need to pepper in some of these HTF figures of Legends characters. Tholme is another one I'd like to have.

I agree. They’re looking for reasons to repack, and may rather bring back like twenty old figures before issuing a completely new one. As such, rare old figures like K’Kruhk or Tholme (because their molds already exist) may be technically possible.

But the problem is their EU/Legacy status. Disney be hating the old EU, and maybe also be hating essentially anything not new media. And Hasbro be hating hard-to-sell non-main characters. It would take a miracle to see these kind of guys again. Revan, though, is on a different level of desirability, and had gotten a Black Series figure.
    Last edited by Tulgah; 08-31-2019 at 11:20 PM.
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

I think they pulled this for several reasons. Most people would like a new version. I know I would. They may want to devote this spot to an upcoming Triple Force Friday figure instead. There have been a lot of rumors that KOTOR is going to be the next trilogy or Disney Plus show. Obviously Revan was a major character. They will likely tweak the character and look. Or it was just some other reason we don't know about. He will come one way or another but I think doubt it will be the same figure re-packed.
    I am member number 666. Execute order 66!

Not that it really matter but Amazon cancelled my "pre-order" via email due to product unavailability.

they announced that an all-new figure was coming because of the blowback they received about the 2007 figure’s reissue
    Can someone explain where Paul @ JTA is getting this news from? I know the figure was pulled, but I haven't seen any confirmation of an all-new figure?
    Last edited by GrandAdmiralJSK; 09-17-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAdmiralJSK View Post
    Can someone explain where Paul @ JTA is getting this news from? I know the figure was pulled, but I haven't seen any confirmation of an all-new figure?
    I don't know either. There has been no official announcement that an all-new Revan figure is coming. JTA do have sources so it could well be that Paul has found out from his sources that an all-new Revan is coming (which would be great) but there has been no official announcement from Hasbro that a new one is coming.

It's likely just some fan's wet dream that they decided to fake news about for their 15 minutes.

I believe that rumor when the actual figure is physically in my hand!

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    Not that it really matter but Amazon cancelled my "pre-order" via email due to product unavailability.
    Got the same e-mail the other day. No surprise, although I did think it would have happened sooner than it did.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast