Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chopper - #84

Never got the appeal of 'Rebels'. Too juvenile for me and this guy is just a kiddie version of R2.

Plus, the abilities of these new Star Wars droids gets my goat. They seem to be able to do everything and have a tool for any situation, despite the fact that they couldn't possibly have the space available inside their bodies to store such items. Sure, R2 had a few gadgets here and there (OT R2, not that prequel joke). But, it still looked like he could actually carry those tools.

This guy, BB-8 and BT-1 (below) have the most ridiculous arsenals and array of tools that you can imagine...and none of it fits. It isn't funny, it just looks stupid.

In fairness to Chopper, he's not as ridiculous as BT-1. But he still manages to have a middle wheel AND a rocket tucked up inside him.

Pro: Getting a really great Chopper figure.
    Con: Getting a really great Chopper figure that will either dwarf or be the same size as the crappy, undersized BS R2-D2 figure.

Go figure!

Being partial to all droid figures, I will get one of these, but I really would rather an OT droid instead.

This character means nothing to me.

What few episodes of the Rebels I seen, which when Vader and Thrawn made their grand entrance, I didn't think it was juvenile at all! Supposedly this took place after Anakin turned into Vader and wore the black suit and before Rogue One (I believe)
    At least, the animated Star Wars shows are trying to fill in the gaps between the movies and such. Otherwise, it would be books for all of us.
    I have alll the rest of the Rebels, so Chopper will be added.

Wouldn't seeing Dr. Aphra and her droids in the 6in line next...

Quote Originally Posted by Bowcaster View Post
    What few episodes of the Rebels I seen, which when Vader and Thrawn made their grand entrance, I didn't think it was juvenile at all!
    It's certainly a little juvenile at times (helicopter lightsabers) but it does have its moments, Vader and Thrawn being two of them.

I agree that Vader's black R5 droid looks ridiculous with all those guns but I'd probably buy a 6 inch just for the fun of it if it came with all that stuff!
    Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning

I will definitely get a couple. Chopper has a great character in Rebels .Very entertaining little droid . It would be great to see Chopper appear in a new Star Wars movie .

Quote Originally Posted by R2OSCAR View Post
    I will definitely get a couple. Chopper has a great character in Rebels .Very entertaining little droid . It would be great to see Chopper appear in a new Star Wars movie .
    He did make a brief 'blink and you'll miss it' easter egg appearance in Rogue One on Yavin 4, but yeah would be good to see more!

I my know how you’d could watch Rebels and not love Chopper. I enjoyed Rebels (not as much as Clone Wars) but Chopper was still probably my favorite part of the show.

Hopefully those little arms and joints are sturdy.

do we know yet what quarter this will be dropping in? and if it will be a general release or exclusive? probably the best looking Rebels figure so far unless you count Ahsoka who could be either Rebels or Clone Wars

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast