Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 68

Thread: Rio Durant - #77

  1. #11

    Go figure!

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    Didn't care for 'Solo' and this guy was one of the reasons why. His NY accent took me out of the film, every time he opened his trap. So, it's a pass. In fact, I'll be passing on every 'Solo' figure, I reckon. I have a couple of Range Troopers though. But, honestly, they don't do much for me either.
    OK....This is the part I don't get? Out of all the characters in the Solo movie other than Val being short lived, how could Rio ruin the movie for you? I thought Lando's droid was the most annoying in the movie. However, I didn't let characters or voice accents ruin the movie for me. I kept an open mind on Solo and what Ron Howard could do for the film. I thought Ron did very well. If I was let a character ruin a movie for me, then 3PO would done it for me back in the day when Star Wars came out!

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowcaster View Post
    OK....This is the part I don't get? Out of all the characters in the Solo movie other than Val being short lived, how could Rio ruin the movie for you? I thought Lando's droid was the most annoying in the movie. However, I didn't let characters or voice accents ruin the movie for me. I kept an open mind on Solo and what Ron Howard could do for the film. I thought Ron did very well. If I was let a character ruin a movie for me, then 3PO would done it for me back in the day when Star Wars came out!
    His accent, as I mentioned in the post. It took me put of the film every time. His efforts at comic relief did nothing for me either. Also, as I also mentioned, he was "one" of the reasons. L337 certainly was irritating as fuck too. No contest from me there. Into the bargain, Clarke is a charisma vacuum, Vos was a nothing badguy and Hank Solo simply also just looked like Hank Solo. never once thought he was anything other than Alden Ehrenreich pretending.

    As for Ronnie, his major achievement was salvaging something watchable out of the house fire that was Solo's production nightmare. But, at least he managed to make a meh movie from the bits and pieces. It's still just a meh movie though. However, if I had had my way, the project would never have seen the light of day in the first place. It was a bad idea from the very beginning.

    Personally, I'd like to go back to when Star Wars aliens were subtitled, because they spoke a completely different language. Some guy speaking like he's from Queens and trying to copy Rocket Raccoon doesn't do it for me.

    Horses for courses, I spose.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    His accent, as I mentioned in the post. It took me put of the film every time. His efforts at comic relief did nothing for me either. Also, as I also mentioned, he was "one" of the reasons. L337 certainly was irritating as fuck too. No contest from me there. Into the bargain, Clarke is a charisma vacuum, Vos was a nothing badguy and Hank Solo simply also just looked like Hank Solo. never once thought he was anything other than Alden Ehrenreich pretending.

    As for Ronnie, his major achievement was salvaging something watchable out of the house fire that was Solo's production nightmare. But, at least he managed to make a meh movie from the bits and pieces. It's still just a meh movie though. However, if I had had my way, the project would never have seen the light of day in the first place. It was a bad idea from the very beginning.

    Personally, I'd like to go back to when Star Wars aliens were subtitled, because they spoke a completely different language. Some guy speaking like he's from Queens and trying to copy Rocket Raccoon doesn't do it for me.

    Horses for courses, I spose.

    Well.. I won't let accents & some cheaply done comedy relief ruin any good movie for me. If so, it would slim pickins for all the movies out there right?

    I believe Ron did his best at it and this could open new doors for him later down the road for another Star Wars movie or something else. Plus I read an article that before he tackled the Solo movie he spoke to good ol' George and Harrison on tips and what direction to go with Solo's story. I have to give kudo's for Ron doing that. Better than what Rian Johnson did with TLJ. Solo I feel is better than the TLJ. Anyways, yes the Solo movie was rushed, I get that, but I don't feel it's a total failure. As far as Alden Ehreneich, he's OK as Han, but I'm sure there is better Harrison look-a-likes out there. There's one thing that did bothered me and that was; why didn't disney/lucasfilm do for Han's character like they did for Tarking and Leia in Rogue one? They did the computerized facial display for those two characters, I feel for a young Han in the Solo movie, they should've done the same. That's me....

    I see your point of view about the alien subtitles, that would a kickback to the original trilogies and such.

  5. #15
    It's not about "letting" something "ruin" a film. If I don't like a film, I don't like it. I won't make excuses for it and I won't ignore the fact that I don't like it. 'Solo' was a just a mediocre film. It didn't do anything special and it doesn't live long in the memory. But, it has numerous flaws that prevents me from caring too much for it and it's certainly not something that I'll be spending any more money on. Did Ron Howard make a relatively serviceable film? Yes. But, that doesn't make it a good one.

    As for having another Harrison Ford look-a-like in the role, that wouldn't have helped one bit. The fact is, only Harrison Ford is Han Solo. Because Han Solo is largely Harrison Ford. There's just too much of him in that character for someone else to successfully copy. As for CGI, that would be impossible, as the character is on screen for far too much of the running time. It would have been a disaster. Besides, the CGI Tarkin and Leia, weren't entirely successful. Leia was just poorly executed and Tarkin was shown too often, to the point where the game was given away.

    What Disney SHOULD have done was to make the story about someone else entirely.

  6. #16
    You know what is much more awesome than arguing the merits of Solo: A Star Wars Story(which I'm pretty sure there's other threads for)? This guy has 4 arms! All with trigger finger hands! I can't wait to load him up with blasters.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TKRC13 View Post
    You know what is much more awesome than arguing the merits of Solo: A Star Wars Story(which I'm pretty sure there's other threads for)? This guy has 4 arms! All with trigger finger hands! I can't wait to load him up with blasters.

    Him and Deadeye Duck are going to tear up the town!

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by KidBane View Post
    Him and Deadeye Duck are going to tear up the town!
    Underrated post. Now I'll have to display Rio with Deadeye.

  9. #19
    Really looking forward to this figure to add to my SOLO collection Despite the brief screen time i loved RIO in the movie!

    Toy Bro has an in hand review up on YT for those wanting a better look https://youtu.be/-umIkPnC2js

  10. #20
    There doesn't appear to be a lot of discussion about this figure. I think the figure is fantastic in hand. Lots of fun articulation and character. One problem I have with the 6" line is the lack of aliens, and it's toys like this that make me want more of them. If it weren't for Dengar being part of that bounty hunter group, this would be my favorite of the wave.

    I hop for more aliens like him.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •