Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Boba Fett - Holiday Special - 2018 Holiday Mini Bust

Quote Originally Posted by kevb0977 View Post
    I didn’t like their maquette/mini statue they made of this one a little while back as the pose wasn’t that great in my opinion, Hot Toys figure looks nice but I don’t buy figures anymore..., although this doesn’t thrill me I do think it looks much better as a mini-bust than their first attempt so as I’ve got the other versions of him I’m open more to getting this one too as it’s different enough to be a non repeat.
    Back in those days when the Holiday maquette came out, I was collecting them all, but the Holiday version was one I did not care to own. Before I sold my maquettes, I did have the Black & White Fett maquette, which was the exact same sculpt as the regular version and the Holiday version. The only Fett maquette I regret having sold was the one with Han in Carbonite. The best of all their Fett maquettes, in my opinion. I do like this Holiday version more as a mini bust than as a maquette.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Beautiful bust! Great tie in!
    "He's no good to me dead."-Boba Fett

I get that this was in the holiday special, but it just doesn't say "holiday bust" to me. Maybe I've gotten too accustomed to the kitchy busts with santa hats or Xmas lights. Probably a pass for me...
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Back in those days when the Holiday maquette came out, I was collecting them all, but the Holiday version was one I did not care to own. Before I sold my maquettes, I did have the Black & White Fett maquette, which was the exact same sculpt as the regular version and the Holiday version. The only Fett maquette I regret having sold was the one with Han in Carbonite. The best of all their Fett maquettes, in my opinion. I do like this Holiday version more as a mini bust than as a maquette.
    I like it when I instantly see where it can go in my collection, currently I have McFett & the concept white Fett next to each other but they are just very white so a nice splurge of colour in the middle of the 2 will definitely make them look a better grouping I’m thinking. Holiday busts wise I’ve only got the mini-bust ones but think I’m missing Salatious Crumb & Max Rebo..., well was he a holiday piece or something else? Anyway I’ve got all of the others & for the most part I’m happy with them, I am pondering on getting rid of Cody though & the gold Stormtrooper as they have no place in my collection, even Yoda eating popcorn is a possible to go one as well, apart from that I’m happy with all of the others & have integrated them into my collection nicely (I think). That’s a point, I never did send you the pictures to look at, shall I email them for you to see as your Facebook is playing up? They did the same with my account over several months but thankfully it seems to have finally been resolved.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Kev, yes. Just email them to me. I gave up on Facebook. Too much crap going on with them as far as locking me out of my own account and asking for photo ID's only to have me out of it for weeks. Meanwhile people posting rhetoric and hateful comments at all levels have their accounts going without any issues. I'm fine posting my pictures in my limelight thread here, so you, Sven , Matt and all the other folks I usually used to chat with on Facebook, feel free to email me or PM me here.

As far as the Holiday mini busts, I also have them all except for Salacious Crumb with Santa hat and the Max Rebo with light up "piano" and Christmas music playing. My wife even surprised me last year with the gold and silver Sandtrooper as a gift. I no longer display the Snowbunny Padme and Cody with snowman because of my OT focus, but I do keep them in their boxes and don't intend to sell them. All others are being displayed. While I agree the Holiday Fett is not specific to the Christmas Holiday Season in looks (no Santa hat or mistletoe or even having the red and green colors), it still relates to it as the TV show aired just a week before Thanksgiving. That, and the fact the colors of his outfit and the staff/rifle/harpoon are a complete departure from the regular Boba Fett look (same as it was for the McQuarrie version), makes it attractive enough to me to have it added to my collection.

Last edited by LightSword; 07-21-2018 at 06:37 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

I like it and will definitely pick it up! Hope that arm holding the rifle comes as a separate piece otherwise I can see a few broken in transit. I've picked up all the non-Xmas pieces so far and this is a good choice imo for a holiday piece (if you like it, get it. If you don't, skip it)

I like most things GG make, just stick to mini-busts though so it’s a definite buy for me when it’s something I’ve pondered on getting in another format over the years as I honestly didn’t think it’d be made as a mini-bust..., I was pleasantly surprised but then Daniel did say he thought I’d like the choice this year & he was right, I do.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

I like it and I'll get it! A Holiday Special bust for this year's holiday bust is a great idea. I'm hoping they capture the unique/weird look of the Nelvana animated character's version since it's not just the colors that are unique but indeed the overall style and look. Check out how they drew Han - there was a definite and unique style going on there.
    Note to gg, Lumpy from the 78 Special might be acceptable as a future one but if you do Bea Arthur then you may have jumped the shark!

I'll probably get this to display with my Maquette of the same design.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

When are these going up for preorder ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast