Thread: 1:6 Clone Wars?

1:6 Clone Wars?

Hot Toys seems to be announcing all kinds of prequel era characters recently. With the announcement of Clone Wars Season 7, could we finally see some HT treatments of Clone Wars characters?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianOfWills View Post
    Hot Toys seems to be announcing all kinds of prequel era characters recently. With the announcement of Clone Wars Season 7, could we finally see some HT treatments of Clone Wars characters?
    I doubt Hot Toys would do it as the two styles don't seem like a natural fit to me, but it would be cool if some company took on high quality CW figures.

there's money in it; HT isn't stupid...however they really need to release these older previewed figures. Tano would be a sell out quick!

I think we'll get major movie figures first, but with TCW returning and the huge fan reaction, Hot Toys, SS, Hasbro and other companies should take advantage of it.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

They'd be stupid not to do Ahsoka. People have been wanting a 1/6 scale Ahsoka for years, and it would sell really well. Sideshow hinted that one was in the works in one of their Q&A sessions back in 2011-2012, but obviously they abandoned plans for their own version. Here's hoping Hot Toys is smart enough to do one themselves.
    Shabby Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Blue View Post
    They'd be stupid not to do Ahsoka. People have been wanting a 1/6 scale Ahsoka for years, and it would sell really well. Sideshow hinted that one was in the works in one of their Q&A sessions back in 2011-2012, but obviously they abandoned plans for their own version. Here's hoping Hot Toys is smart enough to do one themselves.
    No surprise there, SS has been making a lot of dumb decisions the past few years.

They have such a goldmine of characters just waiting to make them money for both 1/6 and 1/4 but they instead continue doing the same characters over and over again.

I can think of 10 characters off the top of my head at 1/4 that would sell out pretty fast.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

I think Clone Wars liscensing is different from the films liscensing (due to it airing on Cartoon Network). At least that was the rumor why it took so long for Funko to be able to do CW pops. I dont know how accurate that is though. Maybe with it going to streaming on Disney's platform that changes things though (hence Funko coming out with them this fall).

I don't buy licencing issues for TCW. At least not for 1/6 scale. Sideshow offered quite a few specific clones (Echo, Fives, Wolf, Rex) and even a Anakin based on the cartoon. If HT want to release TCW based characters, i'm convinced their current licence is more than enough to do so. THen, it's just a matter of will to explore that part of Star Wars universe.