Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things Season 3

Stranger Things Season 3

I am dying to see the new season of Stranger Things. The official teaser was released yesterday. I know that at the end of the teaser it said Next summer, but I'm hoping that they can get it done sooner. Love this show.

I like how at the end of that teaser it said that it was coming soon, and then it said next summer, and I thought “you and I have a very different definition of the word soon, Netflix.

I'm going to assume some awesome action scene is going to happen in Starcourt Mall after hours when the lights are turned down low.

Man this season was great!! Tons of action, wonderfully acted & well written!! Can't wait for the next season!!

Might just be my favorite season so far. I absolutely loved it!

Very much so enjoyed it, but I will say, my least favorite season. Not that that's saying much, I absolutely loved it. Just one nitpick. A bit too much comedy, for me. Well really, it was only really one scene that bothered me. The Neverending Story gag was a bit...much...for my taste. Would have been fine with it if it was just a few lines of the song...but it just kept GOING AND GOING.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

I kinda thought this season was lame e overall. It had it's good parts but I'd say the theme of the season was 'teenage feelings'. Steve and Robin on drugs was great, though!
    Things I need
    Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch (Allfather), Titanium Boba Fett helmet
    Have: BF Shocktrooper, various TFA, Tarkin, Zuckuss
    "Warning: If your Man is Iron for more than four hours, consult your Doctor Doom...

SPOILER (highlight): What happens to Billy is sort of meta. They clearly saw that the character was not resonating with people or popular, so they found a way to both make you care and sympathize for him while also, well, getting rid of him.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 07-09-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

It’s admittedly a fun Season. A tad too much cutesy fluff that’s too heavily reliant on nostalgia (Dustin’s duet with his GF is cute but just so OTT try-hard moment that it takes me out of the action sett), and not enough of the more intense tone that sold the story of the previous Seasons. And that makes it the weakest Season in terms of its story.

Every 80s-cliche I can think of is thrown in this Season, making it too gimmicky and full-on an 80s-tribute: Apparently even Alexei and Hopper’s “cherry slurpee” fight is ripped off/borrowed from— or an homage to an episode of The Golden Girls… The nostalgic trappings are just too much at times. Hoping that Season 4 will remember its more darker roots and not be so cutesy-fun and reign in the 80s-trope.

(And why is The Cutting Crew’s I just Died In Your Arms Tonight featured in a show set in 1985 when the song was released in 1986???? For a show that’s so reliant on its 80s nostalgia, such a mistake should have been easily corrected. Unless they just didn’t care.)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast