Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347482838485 LastLast

Thread: Imperial TIE Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by eightball View Post
    Anyone have an opinion if this TIE is considered the most accurate version so far. I have mine still sealed in box and wondering if it's worth getting a 2nd for opening.

Technically, these "Larger" wings are TOO big. But as far as color and detail, yes. If the wings were a bit smaller, it would be probably the closest thing to movie accurate.

I came home from work today and noticed the wing on the second TIE I got fell off. On the first one it was the left wing, now on this one it was the right wing. I put this together maybe a few weeks ago, whereas the previous one lasted a month before coming apart.

I'm just going to do the same thing on this one as I did on the first TIE - pull out the spring entirely, then clip off the little tab inside and put the wing back on upside down. Thanks again to Billy_Ray for this technique. His technique can be found on page 79 of this thread. I don't really care too much about the exploding wings, yeah I would have liked for them to work, but its a shame we have to do these types of fixes.

•    
    Are these still being found for $19USD?

Quote Originally Posted by dean1700 View Post

Some say they found some. I check Brickseek and stores say they have at least 2 in stock or some say limited stock. None of the stores have any when we go look. I found one for $59 at on WM and it was the only one. They said the markdown to $19 was not in their system, so they couldnt mark it down yet. Go back two days later, and it was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by dean1700 View Post
    I saw one just last week for $19, IN the Star Wars section. The box was beat to crap though, and it looked like it might have been opened maybe.

•    
    I'd have taken that. We never got them retail in Australia. There are some online stores that are selling them but they are $200 AUD. We're getting screwed over royally.

Quote Originally Posted by Etain View Post
    I saw one just last week for $19, IN the Star Wars section. The box was beat to crap though, and it looked like it might have been opened maybe.

Not sure what shipping is costing these days but the Walmart clearance prices really dropped the price on the secondary market. Itís still a good time to get one, even if itís more that $19 might still be only $40 instead of MSRP.
    Last edited by LukesGhost; 09-03-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldleaderone View Post
    I came home from work today and noticed the wing on the second TIE I got fell off. On the first one it was the left wing, now on this one it was the right wing. I put this together maybe a few weeks ago, whereas the previous one lasted a month before coming apart.

I'm just going to do the same thing on this one as I did on the first TIE - pull out the spring entirely, then clip off the little tab inside and put the wing back on upside down. Thanks again to Billy_Ray for this technique. His technique can be found on page 79 of this thread. I don't really care too much about the exploding wings, yeah I would have liked for them to work, but its a shame we have to do these types of fixes.
    I had a similar problem, the springs were snapping the wedges on the end of the hooks off. Fortunately Krazy Glue is stronger than plastic, and I can now still use the springs.
    Hasbro, if you're listening, REBEL PILOT MULTIPACK! Rogue One: Antoc Merrick, Blue Leader. A New Hope: Theron Nett, Red 10. Empire Strikes Back: Rogue 4, Hobbie Klivian Snowspeeder. Return of the Jedi: Horten Salm, Gray Leader. All easy kitbashes, all unique, a guaranteed best seller.

•    
    Ok, is anyone selling one or several of these?
    Last edited by dean1700; 09-04-2019 at 07:58 AM.

If someone wants the beat up one I mentioned above, I think it's still at that Wal-Mart and I can take a pic or pick it up.

Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347482838485 LastLast