Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial TIE Fighter

Does anyone have the Solo TIE Fighter Pictures to compare the cockpit ball to this one?

As much as I can understand the complaints to this release, it's worth trying to appreciate there's a whole new generation of collectors out there since the last era of VC/ decent vehicles. This will be my first time as a collector being able to get a large wing tie as through it's past release, I didn't even have a visa card to order it online! (Too young). While a redo would have been nice, just a chance to get a large wing TIE at a decent price brand new is welcome to some of us!
    I think it's also a good reminder that the VC will not always be 'amazingly new'. Perhaps starting with a whole new weathered vehicle with a second one as a mail away/ crowdfunded piece has set some expectations too high. This is hasbro afterall. If they can get away with the easy route, they will. Not every ship we see will be new. This isn't necassarily bad either. To be given a shot at the VC snowspeeder, AT-AT, BMF or Gunship would be welcome to me as much as a VC U-Wing or other new ship.
    In my book, experience outranks everything.

Quote Originally Posted by CMDR_Appo View Post
    . This is hasbro afterall. If they can get away with the easy route, they will.
    Yeah, don't they always. Anyways, new collectors are truly getting a better iteration of this iconic vehicle. Others have had to wait decades for something as simple as a red flashing light to go away, but hey, we still played with it as a kid so who am I to complain.

But to play d-advocate for a bit, there's ALWAYS room for improvement, like it's almost finding myself being one of those comic book or Funkco collectors (saw the doc recently on Netflix) about defective corners with a mag glass. Are my expectations high, sure yeah, and I hope Hasbro maintains the same particularly within a subline that supported by fans with that attention for detail.
    Last edited by Deak_Starkiller; 07-15-2018 at 04:06 PM.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Deak_Starkiller View Post
    Yeah, don't they always. Anyways, new collectors are truly getting a better iteration of this iconic vehicle. Others have had to wait decades for something as simple as a red flashing light to go away, but hey, we still played with it as a kid so who am I to complain.

But to play d-advocate for a bit, there's ALWAYS room for improvement, like it's almost finding myself being one of those comic book or Funkco collectors (saw the doc recently on Netflix) about defective corners with a mag glass. Are my expectations high, sure yeah, and I hope Hasbro maintains the same particularly within a subline that supported by fans with that attention for detail.

Laugh out loud! Sometimes when I read posts about figures it really seems like some people are putting the figures literally under a microscope and then getting upset because the button on the jacket is round instead of square or that the shirt is supposed to be Egg White but the figure's shirt is simply white.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Hmmm... I have neither the space nor funds - and I realise that this large winged TIE is not accurately scaled (as far as overly large Radial panels are concerned) - however: it still looks great, and am finding myself sorely tempted by this release!

just when I thought I was done with Hasbro - they reel me back in!
    Last edited by saddestmoon; 07-15-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    Laugh out loud! Sometimes when I read posts about figures it really seems like some people are putting the figures literally under a microscope and then getting upset because the button on the jacket is round instead of square or that the shirt is supposed to be Egg White but the figure's shirt is simply white.
    LOL too!....substitute the word 'the movies' from 'figures' and the same could be said regarding the Sequel Trilogy/Spin-off movie discussions. Anyway, my TIE 'rant' is done for now...
    Last edited by Deak_Starkiller; 07-15-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Re-release or not, I don't have an imperial TIE Figther so this is a definite buy.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

I like this release a lot! The color seems to be pretty accurate. And it's got the more accurate cockpit along with the ejector seat. While the TLC version had *MOST* of those features going for it, it also had the red cockpit glass. That's a feature that I wasn't a fan of. I also like the deco on the pilot's helmet. I hope they don't push the price point too high.

Quote Originally Posted by CMDR_Appo View Post
    As much as I can understand the complaints to this release, it's worth trying to appreciate there's a whole new generation of collectors out there since the last era of VC/ decent vehicles. This will be my first time as a collector being able to get a large wing tie as through it's past release, I didn't even have a visa card to order it online! (Too young). While a redo would have been nice, just a chance to get a large wing TIE at a decent price brand new is welcome to some of us!
    I think it's also a good reminder that the VC will not always be 'amazingly new'. Perhaps starting with a whole new weathered vehicle with a second one as a mail away/ crowdfunded piece has set some expectations too high. This is hasbro afterall. If they can get away with the easy route, they will. Not every ship we see will be new. This isn't necassarily bad either. To be given a shot at the VC snowspeeder, AT-AT, BMF or Gunship would be welcome to me as much as a VC U-Wing or other new ship.
    I didn't have enough room for vehicles when I started get back into figures so I kept to just the pilots I needed. I know a lot of these repacks have annoyed people but I've found them to be great since I never had most of the figures or vehicles. I real TIE with big wings will be nice for me. I picked up the TFA TIE but I might get rid of that now. I hadn't had a TIE since the POTJ Interceptor... which my mom made me sell at a garage sale. Thanks mom.
    Hasbro, if you're listening, REBEL PILOT MULTIPACK! Rogue One: Antoc Merrick, Blue Leader. A New Hope: Theron Nett, Red 10. Empire Strikes Back: Rogue 4, Hobbie Klivian Snowspeeder. Return of the Jedi: Horten Salm, Gray Leader. All easy kitbashes, all unique, a guaranteed best seller.

Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast