Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial TIE Fighter

This incarnation of the TIE Fighter is a straight Vintage Collection re-pack of the Legacy Collection 'Shadows Of The Empire' TIE Fighter from 2009.

The only difference being is a new paint deco.

No tweaks or anything.

Screw nubbins are still there on the armatures and the outer cockpit ball hasn't been updated to a more accurate sculpt like the 'Solo' TIE Fighter. The wings are still far too large - 4 cockpit ***** in height rather than the more accurate just under 3.5 cockpit ***** height, and al the detailing is exactly the same as the 2009 version.

One step forward, two steps back by Hasbro/Disney again ...

It doesn't look like the pilot is new either.

Two more images have surfaced via Matthew Sebastian Wang in the feed at JTA:

All the images posted so far are courtesy of Matthew too)

P.S: Is it possible that Rebel Scum can please re-introduce the edit function on the feeds again?

Box art wise I would have liked the background blue like the original TIE fighter.

I don't have much interest in this buuuut it's great to see a pilot included.

That damn Hovertank...

Definitely a cool ship, I just hope the wings aren't floppy on this and are made of a solid plastic. I never got a shot at the big-winged TIE, so I guess this is as good an opportunity as any. It's a real shame it's not a new sculpt, but it's not like it looks inaccurate. The TVC box is a plus, but I can see why this would be a letdown to collectors who already have the old one. I was so pumped for this until I started reading all your comments on it, now I'm just lukewarm lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_Quazar View Post
    So the Vintage TIE is just a re-release of the classic big wing TIE, but the Solo TIE is an all-new sculpt?

This right here....this is why we just need ONE freaking line. So asinine, yet they made the wings small again on the SOLO one. Can they not get ANYTHING right? Hasbro has been on thin ice as it is, and they pull this move? Just plain stupid. The TVC Tie should be an all-new sculpt with tough wings that don't flop.

Quote Originally Posted by activistfangirl View Post
    This incarnation of the TIE Fighter is a straight Vintage Collection re-pack of the Legacy Collection 'Shadows Of The Empire' TIE Fighter from 2009.

I was about to do a happy dance before my morning coffee/energy drink about the return of Shadows Of The Empire....

Screw nubbins are still there on the armatures and the outer cockpit ball hasn't been updated to a more accurate sculpt like the 'Solo' TIE Fighter. The wings are still far too large - 4 cockpit ***** in height rather than the more accurate just under 3.5 cockpit ***** height, and al the detailing is exactly the same as the 2009 version.
    The stub on the upper hatch is still there, which I could do w/o, even when opening the hatch....that's why I keep a cuticle on one of my fingers at some length for that. So are the screws on the wing supports, which could be have been retooled as sunk-in screws inside holes. IIRC, I even mentioned that on one of my critiques years ago, might be worth my time to dig through.

Lo and behold...here's my comment from a not so long time ago (5/2009) and in a galaxy the same as ours (but typed from a different older PC):

Quote Originally Posted by Deak_Starkiller View Post

I'm sure there's a way to internally keep the cockpit screwed together. But I'm relieved it took them a short 32 years to figure out the 'third' laser cannon.

One step forward, two steps back by Hasbro/Disney again ...
    I'll give them a baby half-step forward for packaging at least, but 2.5 steps back personally based on the critiques.....result..... no difference in my attractiveness for it.
    Last edited by Deak_Starkiller; 07-14-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

I would have preferred something other than a Tie Fighter. I like the Tie Fighter they made before. But give me Vader's Tie, Maul's Infiltrator, Grievous' ship, Tie Bomber, Naboo fighter, heck even the First Order Tie would have been nice. Maybe it's going to take a while for this line to get going.

Target had an exclusive TVC TIE Fighter with the smaller wings, but it was rarer and goes for a lot of money on EBAY now. I have one Target smaller winged version and two of the Legacy large wing TIE's, but if I see these in stores I will buy as many as I can for my collection and storage.

Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast