Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My collection in my new custom-made display with LEDs!

Very nice job. As others have said, good use of the backgrounds. Out of curiosity, which Luke head have you used for your X-Wing pilot? oh and I think your X-Wings wings are upside down (They should sweep forward)
    Wanted: VINTAGE COLLECTION: C-3PO. Still got a Vinage Wedge & Gammy to trade.

My Feedback Thread

Wow that is excellent, you've got the light intensity just right. What type of leds are you using and are they on a dimmer?

Lieutenant Commander

Quote Originally Posted by GreedoTwerp View Post
    Wow that is excellent, you've got the light intensity just right. What type of leds are you using and are they on a dimmer?
    Thanks! The lights are not on a dimmer. I bought them from China on Ebay. 50$ for 20 meters (4 rolls of 5 meters). They were 3528 (small ones) cool white, but some were warm white. The lights are not oriented towards the figures, but towards the background, so this gives a nice smooth lighting. The backgrounds are printed on matte photo paper, so there is no reflections.

Great display! Love those background pictures, where did you get them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dargod View Post
    Thanks! The lights are not on a dimmer. I bought them from China on Ebay. 50$ for 20 meters (4 rolls of 5 meters). They were 3528 (small ones) cool white, but some were warm white. The lights are not oriented towards the figures, but towards the background, so this gives a nice smooth lighting. The backgrounds are printed on matte photo paper, so there is no reflections.
    Thanks for sharing your project, those string lights are very useful alright. I've seen folk install them in some very small models also. Inspired choice and totally invisible. I could stare at that cabinet for hours, pure eye candy. Well done!

This is just an AMAZING DISPLAY!!!!! in the words of Darth Vader : "Impressive... Most Impressive." I like the mix of all areas of figures from the start of the 95 Kenner line up to the recent offerings of Hasbro's TLJ assortment as well as the groupings for the figures. just all around awesome in one display!
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Love the backgrounds! Very impressive collection and set-up.

Lieutenant Commander

Quote Originally Posted by darthjaybay View Post
    Great display! Love those background pictures, where did you get them?
    They are almost all screengrabs from the films that you can find online. For some of them, I had to photoshop characters out of the shots.

Very cool display!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12