Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GI Joe ARAH Expert like Sansweet?

Sorry for the late reply, but if you are still looking for someone I would suggest trying to get a hold of Mike T on Joecustoms or even one of the Joe Declassified guys, like Nomad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spassvogel View Post
    Is there a GI Joe equivalent of Steve Sansweet out there? Someone who is an expert on the minutiae of the 1980s GI Joe line? I have a really obscure question that has been floating around in my brain since the 80s and I have no idea who could possibly answer it.
    What is your question?
    TK-114
    Imperial Stormcustomizer
    Alias: Net-Viper X
    Check out my website to see more Star Wars customs. My Rebel Scum Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TK114 View Post
    What is your question?
    When I received the GI Joe Headquarters playset for Christmas, on the back of the box there was a list of all of the play features and one of them had been printed over with a black line. Being a curious type I used a q-tip with some rubbing alcohol and lightly brushed off the black printing and revealed a play feature that clearly wasn't part of the toy. It said something like "With foot pegs throughout for posing your GI Joe figures!" I have never seen this variation in the packaging documented anywhere. I sent Mark Bellomo a FB mesg about it and he never responded. I wondered whether the whole initial shipment had that black line, or whether there were just a few boxes that had them, and whether there's a prototype out there somewhere that actually has foot pegs? It's something that's haunted me since that Christmas.

Sounds like an early production variant to me, probably only seen on the first run of box labels. I have seen other packaging over the years that has text covered either with a black magic marker or a solid black sticker and this is usually only seen on the first run of packaging then corrected for following shipments.
    TK-114
    Imperial Stormcustomizer
    Alias: Net-Viper X
    Check out my website to see more Star Wars customs. My Rebel Scum Feedback Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12