Thread: L3-37

While I normally would have passed on this character, I can use parts for a custom I've been wanting to do for years.

Wonder if they'll ever make a 'injured' version sometime down the line.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Deak_Starkiller View Post
    Wonder if they'll ever make a 'injured' version sometime down the line.
    They already did, it's called the Falcon.

yes please... I really want an L3 figure.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Quote Originally Posted by jediblood View Post
    They already did, it's called the Falcon.
    I'll call that 'resuscitated' version in that case. Anyways, it's more the 'split' version I'm going for...maybe include a small core processor accessory.
    A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. -George Lucas

Still baffled this is all wave 4 and beyond. They should've just skipped wave 1-3 expect Moloch.
    UPDATED! Check out my handy worksheet, listing every 1/18th release from 1978 till now
    Easily filtered on source, line, type, product, character name, species and category. Updated till 10-7-2018
    http://www.filedropper.com/rushiesrebelscumfile

Quote Originally Posted by Rushie View Post
    Still baffled this is all wave 4 and beyond. They should've just skipped wave 1-3 expect Moloch.
    Hasbro says its lead time is a year and a half (normally) to a year (insane rare scramble). With Lord & Miller having been dumped during the earlier stages of work on the Solo line, they probably punted the later waves down the road to a) guard against the possibility of a delayed movie releasing in Dec, and b) guard against the effects of any character design or scene changes as much as possible.

The split line is odd, but not necessarily irrational if you see it as a hedge against uncertain film development schedules. Keep the earlier waves on original schedule, avoiding too much of a scramble for alternatives and making sure you have at least *some* product out there to support the then-currently planned release, while also lowering risk in other ways by timing the rest with a safer bet. It’s an odd-sounding, risk-averse way to go about it, but it would also have been pretty bad if Hasbro has ended up putting out all four waves prior to the film’s release...

Certainly understandable considering the production issues with this film in particular.
    I just hope these core-cast figures don't get shafted with final-wave-syndrome (TFU Shaak Ti wave, Galen Erso wave etc.)
    UPDATED! Check out my handy worksheet, listing every 1/18th release from 1978 till now
    Easily filtered on source, line, type, product, character name, species and category. Updated till 10-7-2018
    http://www.filedropper.com/rushiesrebelscumfile