Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tobias Beckett

Oh I couldn't tell at first that the holsters are sculpted on the legs. That's lame and makes it hard for a figure to sit in some vehicles. :{h
    Disney? "Canon" you say? You must unlearn what you have learned...

If you need anything 3d Printed PM me. :{J

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    One of Hasbro's best "basic" figures in my opinion. Great likeness and functional articulation. Admittedly some elbows would make it perfect but as it is Beckett in a great figure.

Looks more like Yozza Hughes to me.
    Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning

I keep seeing Jere Burns from Breaking Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPete View Post
    I keep seeing Jere Burns from Breaking Bad.
    OMG, I about forgot about that character. Man almost a year 'till BCS season5

What cracks me up is that they stuck a wig on Woody that looks like a boy-band haircut (especially knowing that the actor has pretty significant frontal balding). Would have been less distracting to have a mostly shaved head and wear a wool hat to keep his scalp warm. In doing so, Disney could have gotten some SJW points for showcasing baldness. Would have been a win-win.

Agreed, he should have just went full Bruce Willis.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

So after never seeing this wave in stores, I finally ordered him, Val, L3, and Rio from Hasbro. My Tobias' mustache and soul patch are super duper crooked. Like off to the side of his face. Do any customizers have any advice on how to fix this? Like maybe a way to get rid of the paint and possibly redo it?

Its pretty easy to correct, I use a fine edge (#11) of an x-acto blade and scrape the error paint off and then repaint to correct it. I'm an opener and a customizer, so I do it frequently. If you scrape gently, you wont damage the plastic underneath.

As for the figure, having opened it, I am pleasantly surprised at now nice it turned out. Not exactly my favorite character from the movie, but a welcome addition. I agree with the comments above, I would have preferred a bald representation instead of a silly wig.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveALemming View Post
    So after never seeing this wave in stores, I finally ordered him, Val, L3, and Rio from Hasbro. My Tobias' mustache and soul patch are super duper crooked. Like off to the side of his face. Do any customizers have any advice on how to fix this? Like maybe a way to get rid of the paint and possibly redo it?
    You can use Windsor and Newtons brush cleaner, available in any art and or craft stores. Will take any paint off easily.
    Death scene from a new film I worked on, quite gory:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E27qFydz2L0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast