Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rio Durant

yeah this figure has become one of my favorites from the Solo line. It's refreshing to get an alien figure, let alone a new (species) one.

Finally got this 3.75" Rio Durant figure. Excellent sculpt, and I really like the 4 arms & outfit. Really cool little guy; this is definitely one of my favorite aliens in the new line(s).

TBH, it's beyond ludicrous how HTF this and a few other were. Essentially turning an $8 figure into $15-20 figure due to scalping. What's worse is that it was happening right on retailers websites as if it were ebay type of scum and villainy!
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Whats ironic is that for a movie that didn't do as great as expected, the demand for the basic figures still had some strength. I think that has much to do with the character choice - this being a great one. A new alien species is always welcome in my collection. Wider distribution should have been sought, as I saw this wave ONCE at retail. Had this line been released properly, the basic line could have been given an essential boost.

Yeah, it's a shame that this excellent Rio Durant figure & others in the wave were so incredibly difficult to find @ regular retail stores. I only got a couple of these from this HTF wave @ Ross (Durant & Val), and felt lucky to find them.

I'm glad I did, since not only are these great figures, but getting them "saved" me (ha ha) from buying the characters in the more expensive 6" line. Though I've grown to like, appreciate, and collect the 6" line to some extent - the 3.75" figures are really my preferred scale.

Solo is one of the best looking SW movie, visually speaking - and I love most of what has been produced by Hasbro from this movie!

Thus far, as far as collecting goes, most of what I’ve acquired has been from both Rogue One and Solo.
    This may be due to the time periods / settings of both movies (OT and pre-OT) - however the design languages used in both standalones has been on point - and visually interesting, in comparison to other movies throughout the saga.

I feel the demand is absolutely there for Solo figures (and tangentially Solo diecast starships / vehicles - which never hit retail here in New Zealand), so it’s a shame so many of these figures have been scarce or HTF (or non-existing).

* typo - existent.

Quote Originally Posted by saddestmoon View Post
    Solo is one of the best looking SW movie, visually speaking - and I love most of what has been produced by Hasbro from this movie!
    Agreed. It's a shame that there weren't more Solo toys produced - and that the ones that were produced were in many cases extremely HTF. I would definitely have wanted a lot more figures from the film (especially the plethora of cool aliens), the box-like speeder with the Imperial Trooper (from the beginning of the film), etc. This was a real missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    Agreed. It's a shame that there weren't more Solo toys produced - and that the ones that were produced were in many cases extremely HTF. I would definitely have wanted a lot more figures from the film (especially the plethora of cool aliens), the box-like speeder with the Imperial Trooper (from the beginning of the film), etc. This was a real missed opportunity.
    I absolutely agree - QFT!

An Imperial Patrol Speeder would have been a perfect vehicle choice, as it’s versatile and ubiquitous enough of a design, it could fit into just about most settings for some imaginative play (IMO).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234