Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Vandor Playset

I think the BB8 playset probably sold better than a lot of other 'large/flagship' items. At the very least I think it did as well as a good sized ship. For me at least, my interest in getting one wained after seeing the movie. Even when my TRU was liquidating and they were down to $45.

The problem with modern playsets is for the most part, and for lack of a better word, they've sucked. The POTF2 Death Star sets were kind of meh. TPM sets were rickety and dull. AOTC's Geonosis I think was one of the better ones. ROTS's Mustafar was laughable. The Sarlaac and Lars Homestead sets while excellent IMO, were over priced for the time and crammed with repacks.

They just need to do them right. Now if I could just get Hasbro on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPete View Post
    I think the BB8 playset probably sold better than a lot of other 'large/flagship' items. At the very least I think it did as well as a good sized ship. For me at least, my interest in getting one wained after seeing the movie. Even when my TRU was liquidating and they were down to $45.

The problem with modern playsets is for the most part, and for lack of a better word, they've sucked. The POTF2 Death Star sets were kind of meh. TPM sets were rickety and dull. AOTC's Geonosis I think was one of the better ones. ROTS's Mustafar was laughable. The Sarlaac and Lars Homestead sets while excellent IMO, were over priced for the time and crammed with repacks.

I think Hasbro needs to go back to it's roots and give us a playset similar to the old G.I. Joe Headquarters from the 80's. now that was a playset. I have 2 myself and I'm working on customizing one of them to work for a Star Wars style base
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I think Hasbro needs to go back to it's roots and give us a playset similar to the old G.I. Joe Headquarters from the 80's. now that was a playset. I have 2 myself and I'm working on customizing one of them to work for a Star Wars style base
    That would work best as a Haslab project.

I'll have to get a good look at the playset before I make much judgement on it. Would be cool if it was like the old kenner sets like the yoda hut,etc.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    That would work best as a Haslab project.

I'll have to get a good look at the playset before I make much judgement on it. Would be cool if it was like the old kenner sets like the yoda hut,etc.

this set was amazing and can definitely work as a Clone base, Imperial base or ragtag rebel base. the computer console works well for tactical display screens. the jail cell can be converted to be an electro-cell with just a few adjustments, the repair bays and such can be redone as troop quarters, or holo-projection rooms.

I too would love to see Hasbro re-introduce the original Yoda's Hut as well as the rest of the Hoth sets like the Attack Base, Turret/Probot, Cantina etc.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Anything new is welcome. I honestly did not expect anything more than what has already been rumored for this movie.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

this set was amazing and can definitely work as a Clone base, Imperial base or ragtag rebel base. the computer console works well for tactical display screens. the jail cell can be converted to be an electro-cell with just a few adjustments, the repair bays and such can be redone as troop quarters, or holo-projection rooms.

I too would love to see Hasbro re-introduce the original Yoda's Hut as well as the rest of the Hoth sets like the Attack Base, Turret/Probot, Cantina etc.
    One thing too about the Yoda set only figure pegs were on the "duel" stands those were separate and would be cheap money to retool I would think

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPete View Post

Regarding the BB-8 playset, Hasbro made a tactical error in making a playset that could transform from half a BB-8 into a playset. They ended up with a mediocre BB-8 and a mediocre playset. I think they could have done a much better design had they not been limited to the confines of half a BB-8.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

I meant that I hope the new playsets are similar. That GI Joe set is pretty dope but I don't know that Wal Mart will allow the shelf space. If you go the Haslab route we could get a pretty awesome large playset.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by saddestmoon View Post
    TBH, I’m a little intrigued by it... and I did like that scene in the movie.
    I'm intrigued as well. I hope it gets shown at SDCC.
    I
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    I meant that I hope the new playsets are similar. That GI Joe set is pretty dope but I don't know that Wal Mart will allow the shelf space. If you go the Haslab route we could get a pretty awesome large playset.
    Yes - lack of shelf space is a huge issue. I could maybe see TRU carrying this (even towards the end of the store's life, i.e. in the past several years) since they had a lot more shelf space than Wal-mart/Target. However, now that they're gone the only big box retail stores that carry toys devote very little shelf space to SW - even when new movies are released.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast