Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 186

Thread: Kathleen Kennedy days are numbered..

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Red5Down View Post
    No, they haven’t earned the $4 billion back — they don’t receive 100% of ticket sakes and likely make only s our 18% on merchandise.
    yeah.. except ticket sales and and retail aren't the only revenue streams. You also have DVD sales netflix rights, sales from Rebels, video game rights and so on.

    Also yes its' only 18% on merch.. but there is a butt ton of SW merchendise. They probably made the whole 4 billion on merch alone. We are talking about toys, cloths, bed sheets, household products I mean for gods sake if you can slap a logo on it there is a SW version of it and people buy it.

  2. #12
    guys.

    they won't fire her until after episode 9.
    Disney has (reportedly) given JJ "full creative control" over 9, therefore,
    she has no role in the "SJW" decisions which may or may not happen.

    this alone is 'huge' because it shows Disney has removed her from the creative process. wow. just wow.

    all the meddling and bullshit and "flying leia" crap was her idea;
    replacing Ackbar with Holdo for the hyperspace-ram-scene was her idea; etc.
    watching the docu-drama drives it home: KK is ever-present, whispering in Rian's ear, constantly meddling in the creative process.

    read: she DEFINITELY had a role in the "creative process" for TLJ -- this cannot be denied.
    and Rian was such a loyal puppy .. that she gave him his own trilogy.
    he listened to every one of her hair-brained ideas.

    --> the fact that Disney has removed her from the decision-making, and given JJ "full creative control",
    that's like sending her to her room without any supper. she's not "allowed" to influence the creative content of these movies anymore.
    this is actually BETTER than just "firing" her -- they've cut off her "Balls", and tied her hands behind her back.
    she's harmless now.
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 06-27-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Fan View Post
    well couple things she isn't someone who is tends to be right about rumors. She isn't know for having good sources.
    She is well known for being well... kind of crazy. She went on a long twitter rant on how she knows there is an Anti DC conspiracy in hollywood.

    She's been angry at Disney and Marvel ever since Marvel fired her back in 2011 from their youtube show The Watcher

    But even then she says that no one is willing to take KK job so it's one of those rumors she can't lose with. If they don't fire her she just says

    "See I was right no one was willing to take her job" if they do fire her she says

    "See I was right they wanted to fire her and they found someone to take up the job"


    Also i know a lot of you don't like TLJ but that doesn't mean it's problematic. To Disney it was a success, yes Solo was a bomb but TLJ was not. Now if E9 is bomb then yes I could see then firing her.

    I don't really know who she is, but I've heard she has a following and apparently some connections. That's all I can say on that.

    As far as TLJ goes, however, if you can't see that the movie caused a rift in the Star Wars fandom the size of a Black Hole then I don't know what to tell you. And make no mistake about it... that does make TLJ a problem.
    Last edited by TheForce5; 06-27-2018 at 11:39 AM.
    Dismayed by Clone and Sith fanboys.

  4. #14
    ehh, hey man-did you watch The Director and the Jedi doc?, or watch the film w/ the commentary?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    guys.

    they won't fire her until after episode 9.
    Disney has (reportedly) given JJ "full creative control" over 9, therefore,
    she has no role in the "SJW" decisions which may or may not happen.

    this alone is 'huge' because it shows Disney has removed her from the creative process. wow. just wow.

    all the meddling and bullshit and "flying leia" crap was her idea;
    replacing Ackbar with Holdo for the hyperspace-ram-scene was her idea; etc.
    watching the docu-drama drives it home: KK is ever-present, whispering in Rian's ear, constantly meddling in the creative process.

    read: she DEFINITELY had a role in the "creative process" for TLJ -- this cannot be denied.
    and Rian was such a loyal puppy .. that she gave him his own trilogy.
    he listened to every one of her hair-brained ideas.

    --> the fact that Disney has removed her from the decision-making, and given JJ "full creative control",
    that's like sending her to her room without any supper. she's not "allowed" to influence the creative content of these movies anymore.
    this is actually BETTER than just "firing" her -- they've cut off her "Balls", and tied her hands behind her back.
    she's harmless now.
    Last edited by jpolli666; 06-27-2018 at 02:10 PM.

  5. #15
    I saw the director and the jedi from a borrowed copy. did not watch the movie on blu-ray. at all. ever.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    guys.

    they won't fire her until after episode 9.
    Disney has (reportedly) given JJ "full creative control" over 9, therefore,
    she has no role in the "SJW" decisions which may or may not happen.

    this alone is 'huge' because it shows Disney has removed her from the creative process. wow. just wow.

    all the meddling and bullshit and "flying leia" crap was her idea;
    replacing Ackbar with Holdo for the hyperspace-ram-scene was her idea; etc.
    watching the docu-drama drives it home: KK is ever-present, whispering in Rian's ear, constantly meddling in the creative process.

    read: she DEFINITELY had a role in the "creative process" for TLJ -- this cannot be denied.
    and Rian was such a loyal puppy .. that she gave him his own trilogy.
    he listened to every one of her hair-brained ideas.

    --> the fact that Disney has removed her from the decision-making, and given JJ "full creative control",
    that's like sending her to her room without any supper. she's not "allowed" to influence the creative content of these movies anymore.
    this is actually BETTER than just "firing" her -- they've cut off her "Balls", and tied her hands behind her back.
    she's harmless now.
    I love how you present all these random lines as fact.

  7. #17
    you're welcome.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TheForce5 View Post
    I don't really know who she is, but I've heard she has a following and apparently some connections. That's all I can say on that.

    As far as TLJ goes, however, if you can't see that the movie caused a rift in the Star Wars fandom the size of a Black Hole then I don't know what to tell you. And make no mistake about it... that does make TLJ a problem.

    The Last Jedi isn't the problem, just a vocal minority that didn't like it. The problem belongs to those people. They can get over it or move on. Star Wars will still be Star Wars.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

  9. #19
    The way I see it, GL put her there just prior to the sale. So she already has a built in contract. But I do feel that Disney would much rather have someone else of their own pedigree ultimately in charge. And if it hadn't been for her built in contract, she'd have been gone by now. So personally, I do feel her days are numbered regardless of the Franchise doing well or not.

    I already saw that writing on the wall when the Disney head mentioned he'd oversee Star Wars development. Which TBH, seems that the problems some of us think are plaguing the Franchise. Are ultimately his fault, as he would have the final say on anything.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    The Last Jedi isn't the problem, just a vocal minority that didn't like it. The problem belongs to those people. They can get over it or move on. Star Wars will still be Star Wars.
    I disagree about TLJ not being a problem. It's has split the fan base. But disagreement is ok. That's ok. Not everyone has to agree on everything.

    Can someone tell me what "vocal minority" is? I've see it written a billion times in reference to people that didn't care for TLJ. For starters it doesn't seem like the minority of people disliked it - it's more like 50/50. Also the people praising it are as vocal and demonstrative as the ones that hated it. So...vocal minority?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •