Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Kathleen Kennedy days are numbered..

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Is there something wrongg with people being banned, then still coming back?
    nothing good has ever come from the dead rising
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Satan agrees wholeheartedly!
    Last edited by darthsatan; 07-20-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    May you live in interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Fan View Post
    I know July was banned but then he still came back
    Was he banned or was he on holiday?

Let it go man.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    What I find interesting about Anakin, is that he essentially allowed Love to corrupt him. Everything he did was out of fear of losing Padme. But most of the Sith fables I've heard, has all been about hate. Darth Maul for example, and how he as raised. As well as a few other instances.

Anakin would probably not have succumb to the Darkside as easily, had it not been his feelings for her. Because he started off in apprehension mode, then quickly changes his tune when Sidious guilt tripped him. He didn't seem too concerned about Sidious' predicament, only that he be judged fairly by the courts. So if it hadn't been for the promise of saving Padme, which didn't ever happen, he may not have sided with him.

Despite a whole movie of an apparent growing relationship between the two. IDK, that whole situation seemed off to me for some reason.
    Fear leads to anger - anger leads to hate - hate leads to suffering.

I don't think it was love that turned him to the dark side. He was afraid (fear) of loss (Padme, his mother, QuiGon?). His fear lead to anger (Tuskens, Jedi decisions, War, sand?). Anger severed his ties with the Jedi, caused him to kill younglings, led to him (being told anyway) killing Padme, which led to him hating himself and hating the jedi. He suffered plenty.

I also thought the scene was too abrupt. You REALLY have to assume that this had been weighing on him for awhile and he made a decision at that moment. Otherwise you see him threatening to kill Palpatine and going to tell Mace and then bowing before Palpatine in a span of like 10 minutes. You have to see the manipulations of Palpatine wrapping around everything.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    Fear leads to anger - anger leads to hate - hate leads to suffering.

I don't think it was love that turned him to the dark side. He was afraid (fear) of loss (Padme, his mother, QuiGon?). His fear lead to anger (Tuskens, Jedi decisions, War, sand?). Anger severed his ties with the Jedi, caused him to kill younglings, led to him (being told anyway) killing Padme, which led to him hating himself and hating the jedi. He suffered plenty.

I also thought the scene was too abrupt. You REALLY have to assume that this had been weighing on him for awhile and he made a decision at that moment. Otherwise you see him threatening to kill Palpatine and going to tell Mace and then bowing before Palpatine in a span of like 10 minutes. You have to see the manipulations of Palpatine wrapping around everything.
    Being a prequel, Lucas probably figured a lot of people would make that assumption. We should have seen more conflict though.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819