Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: SDCC 2018 Excl. #5: LUKE JEDI Mini Bust

Quote Originally Posted by The_kessel_run View Post
    That's pretty crappy lightsword. After my recent issues with them I've been left feeling the same way. I did finally get a working Obi Wan after his detour to the GG offices but I'm struggling to understand how you can screw up something as simple as shipping.

It's a shame you won't be doing any more mock ups or posters, i quite like them. I don't quite get the butt kisser comment, I always thought they were more for fellow collectors than for GGs benefit?
    Glad to read you have received a working Obi-Wan mini bust after GG shipped it to themselves instead of you. It might be they have employed Tommy Chong and Cheech Marin in their shipping department, and are possibly doing refunds as well. As for my butt kissing comment, I've always be for the "little guy", the collector; no doubt about that. I've sent you a PM to that effect. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ATATDRIVER View Post
    C’mon Julian, don’t stop your mock ups. They’re one of the best things on this forum ! I’d be pissed too , if I was getting the run around from them like you are. But , we’ve got to separate their less than stellar business side , from the awesome collectibles side that we all enjoy. They’re just starting to listen to us collectors when deciding on some of the future mini busts to be made. That’s HUGE ! And as humble as you may be , you know it’s almost entirely due to your talents making the mock ups and posters ! Don’t give up on us now ! Help us LightSword Kenobi , you’re our only hope !
    Hank, you always find a way to put a smile on my face with your comments, brother. Thank you for what you wrote, but we are all in this together. It has been a team effort for which you have come up with great ideas. I just feel kind of down right now, and unmotivated. The lack of care for the dedicated collector and loyal consumer has been a total let down through the years.
    Last edited by LightSword; 08-24-2018 at 12:48 PM.
    You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. You've gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

My Feedback , My Collection

Yeah , I hear ya there. The customer service has never been great , even infuriating in some instances, like the one your having to deal with now. Thereís no acceptable excuse for you not having a refund by now. And having to pay the return shipping ? Ridiculous ! Iím just hoping youíll reconsider continuing your mock ups after youíve finally received your refund and calmed down a bit. All of us other collectors here certainly appreciate and really enjoy all that you do for the forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Yup. Another day, another 24 hours without the amount being refunded. My wife just called me at work letting me know she had talked to Richard at CS, and first he said it would be from 7 to 10 "working days" to get the refund, and that he really had no idea why the amount hadn't been refunded yet, saying it was an issue with the accounting department? That he would be sending them another email and that "hopefully" we would see the amount refunded before the end of the month. Pretty pathetic considering they make you pay shipping back for a defective product, the bust is sitting on his desk, and they received it August 9th. Hey, it's Gentle Giant after all; I shouldn't be surprised. E tutta una cazzata.
    TEN WORKING DAYS today, and they still haven't refunded my $145.12

* They received the mini bust on the 9th. (9505 5000 1716 8219 0000 18)
    * Started the refund "process" on the 13th, so they said.

If my money is not refunded by the end of the day, I'll have no option than to be contacting my credit card company and start up a dispute.

````````````````````````````````````

* Edit: The money has been finally refunded.

From having to pay out of my own pocket to send a defective product back, to waiting for weeks to be refunded for it, the experience has been a pleasure. Great service, GG, and happy to have seen one more time how much you care for your customers.
    Last edited by LightSword; 08-28-2018 at 11:24 AM.
    You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. You've gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

I'd like to say "unbelievable", but ...........

Rebels and Ewoks rejoice in the warm glow of firelight,
    drums beating, singing, dancing, and laughing in the
    communal language of victory and liberation...
    and the end of the Star Wars Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeek View Post
    I'd like to say "unbelievable", but ...........
    Yup!

Julian, sorry about your Luke and his bent weenie of a lightsaber! This only confirms why I don't buy many mini busts from them anymore. Not sure what happened but their quality has been less than perfect lately, actually it's quite miserable. What happened to the awesome likenesses they gave us back in the day like Luke X-wing Pilot, original Han Solo and the mother lode awesome likeness they did with Grand Moff Tarkin? I tend to shy away from the humanoids based on GG's lack luster sculpting performance we've seen over the past few years. Slave Leia and the Endor Trooper were quite terrible.

Last purchase for me was the FO Stormtrooper, yes is was yellowed but it was only $35. My next will be Amananman.

Looking at my collection, it's probably 80% creatures, droids and troopers.....So stay away from humans!!
    Tauntauns are cool....get it??

Quote Originally Posted by Maxattack106 View Post
    Julian, sorry about your Luke and his bent weenie of a lightsaber! This only confirms why I don't buy many mini busts from them anymore. Not sure what happened but their quality has been less than perfect lately, actually it's quite miserable. What happened to the awesome likenesses they gave us back in the day like Luke X-wing Pilot, original Han Solo and the mother lode awesome likeness they did with Grand Moff Tarkin? I tend to shy away from the humanoids based on GG's lack luster sculpting performance we've seen over the past few years. Slave Leia and the Endor Trooper were quite terrible.

Last purchase for me was the FO Stormtrooper, yes is was yellowed but it was only $35. My next will be Amananman.

Looking at my collection, it's probably 80% creatures, droids and troopers.....So stay away from humans!!
    Thanks, Max. To be honest, I pretty much knew what to expect when I ordered that Luke, as the pictures were showing the lack of likeness clearly, and yet I was hoping it was just the angle or the lighting or just the pictures themselves showing him that way, as sometimes a collectible looks much better in hand than on the screen. For ordering this bust, I have no one else to blame than myself. I ordered it hoping to have a pleasant surprise and keep it. That said, the balloon-like head, space between the eyes and overall look was a downer for me. Add to that the bent lightsaber issue with my sample, the fact GG made me paid for the return of a defective item in order to be refunded, the fact nowhere on their site there are policy terms letting consumers know their crappy returns policy and the fact they took a couple of weeks to give me a refund, although they had received the item only three days after I sent it back to them, was/is and will forever be a complete/total disappointment to me as a consumer, another one to be added to the long list they've managed to have made for themselves through the years. And as a collector, an experience killing much of the enthusiasm I've had to post here, or anywhere else about their mini busts.

Some folks may wonder how come some of us that realize these unfriendly business practices still collect a good chunk of their stuff, and to that I can say that, personally, it is not their business practices what I'm attracted to (that would be a total idiocy on my part), but the actual product their artists can put out sometimes. Likeness has never been their greatest achievement as far as humans go, although as you mentioned many years ago they did great with sculpts like Tarkin and Dooku mini busts, and more recently the hooded Obi-Wan mini bust, so it has been more of a hit and miss situation where human likeness seems to be more of a miss than a hit. But, when it comes to aliens, few droids made and helmeted characters, there is a degree of accuracy and detail that has interested me.
    Last edited by LightSword; 09-12-2018 at 12:36 AM.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829