Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

Had a chance to photograph and work on the Space Trooper sample I received a few days ago . This is a great sculpt all around. ..

- There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Congrats! Very cool bust! A niche piece which still shows the awesomeness of concepts in the Star Wars universe.

BTW I think the box has the Hot Toys figure on one side. I have a hunch it is a collaboration of GG with Hot Toys, or at least a permission from HT for GG to inspire themselves after the HT figure.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Thank you both for telling your stories and remembering about where you were such sad day in the history of our nation. I also want to give my deepest thanks to those first responders alive and those that perished. As a citizen of this great country of ours, I feel so proud of the job they did; those courageous firefighters that went up those towers never to see their families again. To the police officers risking their lives and providing assistance to the people at such difficult time. To the people on the street helping out each other. There's a lot of love and kindness in this country, and a strong will to help others. We should never let get to our ears the sound of those that try to divide us for we are one America.

That day I had the day off and was still in bed sleeping. The phone rings and it is my cousin from Tampa calling to tell me we were under attack. I just laughed and said "you're joking". She just told me to turn on the TV. And there in front of my eyes I got to see first hand the evil that man can do, and saw people jump, lives end, and those beloved towers go down. I immediately called New Jersey to see if my aunt and my cousin where OK, as they work in NY near the towers. My other aunt answered the phone and she was crying and saying she hadn't heard from them. I kept calling back all day until I finally got in touch with my missing aunt. She had been placed on a ferry and taken across the river back to Jersey, but still there was no sign of my cousin. Hours later they called me back to let me know he had made it across the Washington Bridge on foot with many others. I felt such relief knowing they were safe and yet a deep sadness for New York, Pennsylvania and D.C.I remember here in Miami the next day cars beeping and people waving American flags from almost every car on the road, people yelling "USA!, USA!". We were so united then. We were all one nation. Today at college not a single professor mentioned 9/11 to my son, and at work it was just another day... Sad. My family however sat around the TV tonight and re-watched all the events of that day, and there were tears in our eyes but also pride at the same time of being part of a nation that raises above all difficulties and keeps freedom going.
    The fact we have fallen so far as to not have a SINGLE Professor give a moment to show respect for this is sickening. But then most major news downplayed it as well. Not even two decades yet, and people act like it never happened, or you know...some people did some thing. It truly is sad.

I teared up reading about you trying to get in touch with your family, such a different time when very few had cellphones. I also recall not even a day later going to work in Utah and seeing entire blocks have American flags in the grass, going from block to block. Like you said, everyone was so Patriotic again and it is just pathetic how divided we all are now. From teams proudly wearing the flag on their uniforms and standing for the National Anthem with tears in their eyes, wearing first responder caps to people calling the flag racist, kneeling at the anthem and pouring milk and water on those same NY police officers today. I just sit and ask what happened sometimes?
    He's no good to me dead!

Travis, I just hope our society gets to some understanding or we are heading straight for a very dark future, and I don't want anyone to get hurt. I think there is good in everyone of us, and there are outside influences and negative messages that define some of us as we get older. Isn't it great to see a bunch of little kids playing together without distinctions, no matter what race they are or what religion they belong to? We need to be more that way. The world could be such a great place if we could all find common ground and treat each other with respect, and allow room for all of us to breath, not be silenced, be ourselves. Nine/Eleven showed how negative and how positive humans can be, but that positivism shouldn't take a tragedy to be seen. The word coexist comes to mind, but not for one ideology or one political party or another, but for all of us. I don't want to get into politics here, but I do have very strong feelings towards those things you've mentioned. I have deep respect for those that put on a uniform everyday and risk their lives to keep us safe. As for the flag, well, I love it. A couple of months ago I was driving down a main avenue here and saw a small flag thrown on the side of the road. Mind it was late at night so there was not much traffic. I pulled to the side , put my blinkers on, got out and picked it up. It was dusty and beaten, but it did not matter to me, I folded it, and it has been sitting on the dashboard of my car ever since. I feel I rescued something of value. There are many ways to express dissatisfaction and a need for change if a person does not agree with something in society. The flag and our National Anthem however, shouldn't be used as tools to get any sociopolitical message across. Too many people died for them and continue to die. And I'll leave it at that. JMHO.
    Last edited by LightSword; 09-12-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    Congrats! Very cool bust! A niche piece which still shows the awesomeness of concepts in the Star Wars universe.

BTW I think the box has the Hot Toys figure on one side. I have a hunch it is a collaboration of GG with Hot Toys, or at least a permission from HT for GG to inspire themselves after the HT figure.
    Thank you, Sergiu. It is a great mini bust, and one I can recommend to you for your Imperial collection. Indeed, the picture on the back of the mini bust box is that of the Space Trooper figure from Hot Toys from that figure's promotion. Like you said, it is possible GG asked for the picture to be used for their own product considering there isn't much out there showing Space Troopers. Here is a comparison between those two ...

Last edited by LightSword; 09-12-2019 at 02:07 PM.

It is a great bust indeed! Wish I had space for it, but I already have the HT Spacetrooper I think GG asked for more than the picture to be used, they also used the backpack and rifle, both these were created by HT, or at least partially imagined by HT. The result in both cases are 2 very cool collectibles, which easily belong in the Star Wars universe.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

I agree. Save for some minute differences in color and some detailing, the heavy blaster and backpack are pretty much the same. Both collectibles are great.

Finally got a chance over the weekend to fully inspect and work on some pictures for the Leia Organa (Bespin) mini bust I received. This is truly a beautiful sculpt and I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. I received #551/600 ...

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Finally got a chance over the weekend to fully inspect and work on some pictures for the Leia Organa (Bespin) mini bust I received. This is truly a beautiful sculpt and I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. I received #551/600 ...

Happy for you, I know this was a piece you really wanted!
    He's no good to me dead!

Congrats on Leia bust! How is the packaging compared to the other recently received busts?
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast