Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

It's sad we have to take that approach, but realistically it is the best way to go forward.
    He's no good to me dead!

This is getting boring with no new GG product to talk about other than defective McQuarrie Sandtroopers. I think I'll look into any other product (Star Wars related) I worked on in the past, and post about it here. Maybe M & M's Empire ... if I can find those pictures I did like ten years ago.
    Last edited by LightSword; 08-23-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    This is getting boring with no new GG product to talk about other than defective McQuarrie Sandtroopers. I think I'll look into any other product (Star Wars related) I worked on in the past, and post about it here. Maybe M & M's Empire ... if I can find those pictures I did like ten years ago.
    That would be cool, all the past SW items are awesome to discuss and revisit.
    He's no good to me dead!

Julian, are you going to exchange the replacement McQuarrie Sandie bust you received?
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    Julian, are you going to exchange the replacement McQuarrie Sandie bust you received?
    Hi Sergiu. That one I'm keeping. Got tired of cutting off heads and going through the whole exchange process. It is obvious most of these are having issues, so I'll just keep this other one and put this whole thing behind me. Unfortunately, it is what it is.
    Last edited by LightSword; 08-24-2019 at 12:13 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Hi Trav. Yeah, sometimes when there is not much to collect as far as my main focus, I venture into other collectibles, just to keep "the feeling going". I found the pictures for the M&M's figures, but I'm working on erasing the logo from the site I made them for. They are no longer operational but still, they are my pictures so. I'll try posting them later.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

Hi Trav. Yeah, sometimes when there is not much to collect as far as my main focus, I venture into other collectibles, just to keep "the feeling going". I found the pictures for the M&M's figures, but I'm working on erasing the logo from the site I made them for. They are no longer operational but still, they are my pictures so. I'll try posting them later.
    LOL, I gotcha. I know as a fellow artist when I created something I feel it is MY intellectual property, even if it was paid and created for by someone else. Because, in the end it is.
    He's no good to me dead!

Hi Sergiu. That one I'm keeping. Got tired of cutting off heads and going through the whole exchange process. It is obvious most of these are having issues, so I'll just keep this other one and put this whole thing behind me. Unfortunately, it is what it is.
    It doesn't have the issues of the first one, IMO this only has very minor issues, so it may be indeed better keeping it than trying once again for a replacement, which could be worse. Waiting to see it on display on your shelves
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    It doesn't have the issues of the first one, IMO this only has very minor issues, so it may be indeed better keeping it than trying once again for a replacement, which could be worse. Waiting to see it on display on your shelves
    Yeah. I agree it is a better sample than my previous one, hence why I'm keeping it. Still not free from some issues that shouldn't be there considering in order to get this I had to pay $150.00 for the membership then another $135.00 with shipping for the bust. Maybe I'm too picky , but I feel these things should have no issues at all considering the amount spent to get to them. But yeah, this one's a keeper and I'm sending the headless one, free of charge, to someone that's building a head for it with a 3D printer a few towns away from me here in Florida.

Here is the section on my shelves I have set aside for McQuarrie mini busts, and those shiny mini busts and helmet as well...

LOL, I gotcha. I know as a fellow artist when I created something I feel it is MY intellectual property, even if it was paid and created for by someone else. Because, in the end it is.
    Exactly my thinking. Every time I see in pictures shirts with a certain logo I created being worn by personalities like Steve Sansweet, and sold at conventions for a profit and I never received a dime for it . Same as with one of my complete visual guides when it was given to another website that gave credit to another person for it instead of me. I'll just leave it at that. I've turned the page on a lot of mistakes and unpleasant memories.

I've got this one coming up soon, Trav. Daily life got in the way yesterday, and I'm just finishing it up now
    Last edited by LightSword; 08-25-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast