Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: LightSword's Corner: A Tour of my Collection

I did this one for a Cuban co-worker who challenged me to make a Castro bust out of the head-less Sandtrooper ...

Last edited by LightSword; 08-10-2019 at 02:48 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

That Jar-Jar is terrifying
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    Can you imagine if they would ever offer something like that?
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    Agreed! But not as terrifying as Commie Castro is haha.
    He's no good to me dead!

Love the hammer , sickle , and butterfly logo ! LOL

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ATATDRIVER View Post
    Love the hammer , sickle , and butterfly logo ! LOL
    Haha! Good eye, Hank. You spotted it. It was kind of subtle, and I was waiting for someone to notice it
    Last edited by LightSword; 08-12-2019 at 02:46 AM.

I was doing some re-arranging today in my storage unit and came across these signed cards I hadn't seen in years. So I brought them home for a quick photo shoot to add them to this thread. These are the only action figures I've kept after selling my complete 1995-2010 Hasbro collection in 2011. I was glad to meet Carrie in Ohio and get her signature. At the time the 1995 Leia card was the only one I had brought to the convention by mistake. I wish I would have gotten her signature on a better figure, but it is the memory that counts. Same as it was when meeting Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker many years ago at a convention in Orlando. The signed Toy Fair Vader by David Prowse was for many year the holy grail of my action figure collection. A very expensive and hard to find card at the time. Having a perfect lightsaber like mine has, without a scratch on the red paint of the blade, was very difficult as the blade would rub against the edge of the hole in the blister where it is protruding. The other cards were given to me as part of my credit doing graphic work for a couple of websites back in the day, before the IPhone. .

- Carrie Fisher: Princess Leia

- David Prowse: Darth Vader (Toy Fair Exclusive)

- Mike Edmonds: Logray

- Jeremy Bulloch: Boba Fett (half circle gloves, error card)

- Kenny Baker: R2-D2

- Paul Blake: Greedo

- Peter Mayhew: Chewbacca

- Rena Owen (Voiced): Taun We

- Temuera Morrison: Jango Fett

Last edited by LightSword; 08-17-2019 at 01:17 AM.

That Vader packaging is so weird. I wonder why they didn't go with a removable blade?

Not sure why they chose the rounded packaging in such way to have the saber poking out of the blister.The reason could be it was made only for the 2002 New York Toy Fair commemorating (at the time), 25 years of Star Wars and the then upcoming Attack of the Clones film. Maybe they just wanted something out of the ordinary to mark those celebrations. It was just intended as a unique gift to media at Toy Fair Hasbro event. That's how I got mine at the time.

This Vader is a repaint of the 1997 POTF2 Cinema Scene "Final Jedi Duel" in the green packaging with the pose moved around a little. But the fuss was huge by collectors when they saw it, and wanting to have it. Hasbro then decided to put aside a given amount of this figure and offered it through the Star Wars Fan Club, selling out very quickly and a lot of people missed out on it. Ebay auctions at the time were moving rather quickly demanding sometimes over $200.00 for one. This figure pretty much was the initiator of what could be looked at as some sort of a domino effect with other silver figures coming out later on, such as another silver Vader, R2-D2 and I believe there was a silver clone as well. The reality is, this is not a great figure and has very limited articulation, however, it is notorious as a novelty and exclusive release, very limited.
    Last edited by LightSword; 08-17-2019 at 03:32 PM.

WOW!! Those are SOOO awesome Julian!! Seriously, as someone who also collected that entire line for years just incredible! I always liked that Leia piece, because it was the first re-release and at one point was absurdly valuable. The fact you have them all signed, just so sweet. My other favorites are the Boba Fett one as he no longer does shows and the Jango one, because I am a massive Jango fan as well. But there is not a bad one in the bunch! Thanks for sharing those, just great .
    He's no good to me dead!

Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast